Weather question for Saturday | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Weather question for Saturday

If both teams and the refs are there, they will play. We usually practice at the normal time Friday afternoon, then charter out. Would not be surprised if we fly earlier and practice at JPJ.

If they wait until Friday they're screwed. The latest forecast is for 18-24" in Charlottesville.

I should have also mentioned for anyone traveling to Charlottesville (which honestly I wouldn't recommend) that towns here do not have any capability to handle snow the way they do in the northeast. Back on the hill they would be able to do a decent job on the roads pretty quickly, but here that will not happen.

I have learned not even to venture out in even a little snow here. Why? The roads remain unplowed for a really long period of time and drivers do not know how to drive in snow here. The combination of those two factors means stay home. There are always cars all over the sides of roads when it snows here and many accidents. So if you do travel down here PLEASE heed my warning!! Latest forecast for Charlottesville is 18-24.

Mrs Fairfax and I are punting. If they play, we will be watching from home

FairfaxOrange said:
If they wait until Friday they're screwed. The latest forecast is for 18-24" in Charlottesville.

Good thing we don't have a home game Monday. Doubtful we'd get back for it.

Good thing we don't have a home game Monday. Doubtful we'd get back for it.

I think they'd be able to get back sometime Sunday. But definitely not Saturday afternoon. Plus, getting to the arena and back the hotel will be treacherous at best.

they also need people to work the clocks and other things. Not to mention the broadcast fees the schools recieve so they have to make it as well. But the key is the gov If he declares a state of emergency, everyone could be there and they can't play the game. It happened to syracuse in new Jersey back in the 90's.

If there is one good thing about my governor (and I kinda like the guy) is that he shouldn't be afraid of some snow.

We will see but somewhere on this board was a UVa post about playing the game if there are refs and 2 teams.

If there is one good thing about my governor (and I kinda like the guy) is that he shouldn't be afraid of some snow.

We will see but somewhere on this board was a UVa post about playing the game if there are refs and 2 teams.
I hope so.

The problem may not be the team getting in, but getting out.

There are worst places to be stuck for a day or so than Charlottesville. They would keep the charter down there, so as soon as the airport is usable, they would be able to leave. Not the same as waiting three days to get a re-scheduled commercial flight. Also, their academic people would be with them, so they could keep up with school work (especially if they have nothing else to do).

Last edited:
He bleeds Orange. I went to his book signing and we talked for 3 minutes about the Gerry McNamara/Big East "miracle."

He brought Bill Clinton with him to at least two Big East tournament games. At the one that we lost to Cincy in 2012, the two of them sat directly behind me. The craziest part of it was that there was zero visible security, no screening of the people sitting around the former President, and random fans had total access to him for pictures and/or autographs.

I'm sitting in sunny Arizona remembering the game about 7-8 years ago in Madison Square Garden against St. John's. Best time ever I had at a game. We had about 30 inches of snow, and no one knew if the game was on or not. All public transportation in New York City was shut down as well as on street parking. Metro North was shut down and so was the LIRR. There was only one train route open in New Jersey, the Morristown line. All of us in the NNJ club managed to get on that train, It became the Syracuse Express. I drove the usual 20 minute drive from my home in Montville, NJ to Morristown in about 40 minutes. I was the only car on 287 Southbound. The road had been plowed but had about 4-5 inches of snow on it. It was beautiful, and I loved being the only person out and about. Back track. I lived on a big hill, so I had to wait for the town to plow the hill so I could get up the hill, and they got it done just in time. I got to Morristown, had no idea where to park. I pulled into the train station parking lot, which I am sure needed a permit. I hoped on the train, and just as the doors were closing on jumped another SU grad who just happened to be the mayor of Morristown at that time. He guaranteed me that he would make sure my car would not get ticketed or towed, so phew!!!! He actually said they would not be doing that with so much snow. At each stop more alumni from our NNJ club jumped on. It was so much fun. Game was great. Mostly Syracuse fans. Maybe a couple of hundred of us and about 30 St. John's fans. We won. Train ride back was full of Let's Go Orange chants. The snow had stopped and the roads going home were clear. One of my most fun game experiences. Only for the die hards. Bottom line is that the game went on because the Syracuse team was in town.So I guess that will be the situation in Virginia unless it is decided in advance that in Virginia a little "Syracuse" snow is too dangerous and they tell us not to come.

I'm sitting in sunny Arizona remembering the game about 7-8 years ago in Madison Square Garden against St. John's. Best time ever I had at a game. We had about 30 inches of snow, and no one knew if the game was on or not. All public transportation in New York City was shut down as well as on street parking. Metro North was shut down and so was the LIRR. There was only one train route open in New Jersey, the Morristown line. All of us in the NNJ club managed to get on that train, It became the Syracuse Express. I drove the usual 20 minute drive from my home in Montville, NJ to Morristown in about 40 minutes. I was the only car on 287 Southbound. The road had been plowed but had about 4-5 inches of snow on it. It was beautiful, and I loved being the only person out and about. Back track. I lived on a big hill, so I had to wait for the town to plow the hill so I could get up the hill, and they got it done just in time. I got to Morristown, had no idea where to park. I pulled into the train station parking lot, which I am sure needed a permit. I hoped on the train, and just as the doors were closing on jumped another SU grad who just happened to be the mayor of Morristown at that time. He guaranteed me that he would make sure my car would not get ticketed or towed, so phew!!!! He actually said they would not be doing that with so much snow. At each stop more alumni from our NNJ club jumped on. It was so much fun. Game was great. Mostly Syracuse fans. Maybe a couple of hundred of us and about 30 St. John's fans. We won. Train ride back was full of Let's Go Orange chants. The snow had stopped and the roads going home were clear. One of my most fun game experiences. Only for the die hards. Bottom line is that the game went on because the Syracuse team was in town.So I guess that will be the situation in Virginia unless it is decided in advance that in Virginia a little "Syracuse" snow is too dangerous and they tell us not to come.
It was 2006.

Im just worried that if we play down there in two feet of snow, the media will declare it another SU home game.

It's already is a home game. Did you see the map? Someone publish the map again!

State of Emergency...

bahahahaha.. its a couple of feet for crying out loud

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom