Wedneseday Bubble Schedule and Game Discussion | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wedneseday Bubble Schedule and Game Discussion

Well it helps that unc, ranked #12, slipped to
the 6 seed as a result of tie breakers.

Possibly, but like Jake I'd much prefer facing UNC after a 2nd victory, and a decent likelihood of being in already. My man Frank quickly answered Allison about the back to back games and said they were used to it from AAU.

Conference USA tournament will be interesting. MTSU is lined up with Marshall in the Semis, if they both win in the Quarters. Marshall beat MTSU twice this year...

Hopefully MTSU takes care of business. Would be funny to Cuse and MTSU matched up in a 5/12 or 6/11 line.

I personally think ND needs two more wins to get an at-large, but people seem to be really high on them right now, and one may very well do it.

I also expect St. Mary's to continue to drop throughout the week. There are certain parts to the resume to like, like strong advanced metric numbers, high road/neutral win count, and overall record. However, they have a horrible SOS and NCSOS, and they have only 4 top 100 wins. It would not surprise me in the least to see them left out on Sunday.

I really hope we get the same Marek, Chukwu performance tomorrow night, beat UNC, and then take a little bit of a breath. I would be very surprised if we were left out with the UNC win added to our resume.
These talking heads are crazy with all the ND talk. It’s been posted elsewhere how mediocre they are even with Bonzie . Even with Colson, they’re RPI is in the 60s or 70s and they lost to Ball State and Indiana. They have a nice win over Wichita Atate but other than that, their resume is a joke. Lunardi and ESPN have lost their minds with the ND talk. Also, Louisville only has 4 Q1 and Q2 wins total. How are they even in the discussion?

Don't want to create a separate thread for this.

Around the end of December I put $20 on Virginia to win the National Title at 40-1.

They are willing to pay me out $65. Do I just the profit and run. Or hang in there for the $800?
someone once asked baron rothschild how he got so rich. "i always sell too soon" was his answer.

someone once asked baron rothschild how he got so rich. "i always sell too soon" was his answer.
It’s 45 freaking dollars. No one’s getting rich making bets that pay out 45 bucks after three months.

It’s 45 freaking dollars. No one’s getting rich making bets that pay out 45 bucks after three months.

Anyone familiar with the Rothschild story knows there's a bit more to it than that. I think the post was meant to be humorous. They didnt get a central bank in every foreign country other than 3(N Korea, Iran, Cuba...cough cough) JUST by selling early, lol. Moqui comes across as one of the better posters on this board, I do not question his wisdom, but for something that is fun, why not let it ride?

Guess How Many Nations In The World Do Not Have A Central Bank?

Anyone familiar with the Rothschild story knows there's a bit more to it than that. I think the post was meant to be humorous. They didnt get a central bank in every foreign country other than 3(N Korea, Iran, Cuba...cough cough) JUST by selling early, lol. Moqui comes across as one of the better posters on this board, I do not question his wisdom, but for something that is fun, why not let it ride?

Guess How Many Nations In The World Do Not Have A Central Bank?
I agree he might be kidding, but I believe someone else said to take the money and he liked that post. Maybe the other guy was also kidding.

I agree he might be kidding, but I believe someone else said to take the money and he liked that post. Maybe the other guy was also kidding.

I really am not sure, but a case can be made for either decision. The OP is in a good spot, kind of like on a game show, but I can also see the dilemma of choice...and after he reads the run around of this thread, he may get the feeling I often have on here in the past, which is fairly well illustrated by the Blues Traveler song, Run Around:

Oh,
Once upon a midnight dreary
I woke with something in my head
I couldn't escape the memory
Of a phone call and of what you said

Like a game show contestant with a parting gift
I could not believe my eyes
When I saw through the voice of a trusted friend
Who needs to humor me and tell me lies
Yeah, humor me and tell me lies

And I'll lie too and say I don't mind
And as we seek so shall we find
And when you're feeling open I'll still be here
But not without a certain degree of fear
Of what will be with you and me
I still can see things hopefully

But you
Why you wanna give me a run-around
Is it a sure-fire way to speed things up
When all it does is slow me down

And shake me and my confidence
About a great many things
But I've been there I can see it cower
Like a nervous magician waiting in the wings

Of a bad play where the heroes are right
And nobody thinks or expects too much
And Hollywood's calling for the movie rights
Singing hey babe let's keep in touch
Hey baby let's keep in touch

But I want more than a touch I want you to reach me
And show me all the things no one else can see
So what you feel becomes mine as well
And soon if we're lucky we'd be unable to tell
What's yours and mine, the fishing's fine
And it doesn't have to rhyme, so don't you feed me a line

But you

Tra la la la la bombardier this is the pilot speaking
And I've got some news for you
It seems my ship still stands no matter what you drop
And there ain't a whole lot that you can do

Oh sure the banner may be torn and the wind's gotten colder
Perhaps I've grown a little cynical
But I know no matter what the waitress brings
I shall drink it and always be full
Yeah, I will drink it and always be full

Oh I like coffee, and I like tea
I'd like to be able to enter a final plea
I still got this dream that you just can't shake
I love you to the point you can no longer take

Well all right okay
So be that way, I hope and pray
That there's something left to say...

For you, now

Currently the bracket matrix still has us at first team out, but oddly the update was at 8pm, after having already updated once in the afternoon. Come on folks, this is crunch time, I want my rankings! lol

Nope. Wasn't kidding.

Take the money.

I bought a class A share of Berkshire at 72 k..i sold at 90k..i thought i did great. not so much

50/50 ball if we lose to UNC... Absolute lock with a W.

I feel like we've been in a very similar spot each of the past 3 seasons... '16 we slide in, '17 we're kept out... Even putting on a good show tonight puts us in a good spot imo.

These talking heads are crazy with all the ND talk. It’s been posted elsewhere how mediocre they are even with Bonzie . Even with Colson, they’re RPI is in the 60s or 70s and they lost to Ball State and Indiana. They have a nice win over Wichita Atate but other than that, their resume is a joke. Lunardi and ESPN have lost their minds with the ND talk. Also, Louisville only has 4 Q1 and Q2 wins total. How are they even in the discussion?
Well, we know who to root against.

50/50 ball if we lose to UNC... Absolute lock with a W.

I feel like we've been in a very similar spot each of the past 3 seasons... '16 we slide in, '17 we're kept out... Even putting on a good show tonight puts us in a good spot imo.

no such thing as a lock. I recall we were a lock the year we lost to ND in the BET.

Maybe so, but should we beat North Carolina I won't hedge with a high percentage. My thought is we are definitely in.
Yes, that would give us two top 25 wins in the last three games. It would take some other teams having to win their tourneys to keep us out.

Don't want to create a separate thread for this.

Around the end of December I put $20 on Virginia to win the National Title at 40-1.

They are willing to pay me out $65. Do I just the profit and run. Or hang in there for the $800?
Take the money.
Virginia offense isn’t good enough to win 6 games.

Wednesday 'who to root for' schedule...

12:00 ESPN - Florida State over Louisville
2:30 ESPN - Boston College over NC State
3:00 PAC12N - Colorado over Arizona State
7:00 ESPN2 - Virginia Tech over Notre Dame
7:00 ESPNU - Oklahoma over Oklahoma State
7:00 FS1 - Georgetown over Saint John's (*dry heaves*)
7:30 CBSN - Colgate over Bucknell
9:00 PAC12N - Oregon State over Washington
9:30 ESPN2 - Syracuse over UNC
9:30 ESPNU - Iowa State over Texas
9:30 FS1 - DePaul over Marquette

crossing_fingers_kevin_bacon.gif

Yup. Good ones. Just curious though. Do you consider Oklahoma in/out as of now?

shouldnt we root for nc state? arent they a lock? dont want bc going on any miracle run and stealing a bid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom