Week 1 other games thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Week 1 other games thread

No - Wake is going to be good this year and very good over the next 4 (if they continue to build the OL. The graduate a ton from there this year). But the freshman QB is very good, just young. The huge frosh WR is awesome too.

Impressed.
They're DL dominated all night - even if it was just Tulane.

yeah it must be awful to have a true Fr throw for 400 game one.. he made some dumb plays but some really nice tough throws and colburn is still a beast to tackle, have we done that yet?

It was strange not seeing Wolford out there. I remember his freshman year. Reagan had just been re-elected and I was practicing Daniel Larusso flamingo kicks in my backyard

Did he make any NFL Squad? I always thought he'd be a solid NFL QB if he could stay healthy and have a good OL.

Did he make any NFL Squad? I always thought he'd be a solid NFL QB if he could stay healthy and have a good OL.
I think he might be on the Jets. They signed him because his upcoming Social security payment precludes the team for having to set aside pension money.

Loser: Randy Edsall, head coach, University of Connecticut

While bringing back Edsall before the 2017 season seemed like a good idea, it’s starting to look like this will be another bad sequel.
Edsall, who coached the Huskies from 1999-2010, has not found anything close to the success he enjoyed during his first tenure in Connecticut. The Huskies finished 2017 with three wins and attendance proved to be a major problem for the school. If Thursday’s game is any indication of where this team stands, things are about to get worse.
The Huskies were humiliated by Central Florida with performances on both sides of the ball that would raise significant questions. UConn trailed by three-plus scores for a majority of the game and things could have been even worse if the Knights didn’t put on the breaks. While there might be pleasant memories of Edsall, he went 22-34 at Maryland and his second stint with the Huskies is quickly looking like a failure.

Loser: Randy Edsall, head coach, University of Connecticut

While bringing back Edsall before the 2017 season seemed like a good idea, it’s starting to look like this will be another bad sequel.
Edsall, who coached the Huskies from 1999-2010, has not found anything close to the success he enjoyed during his first tenure in Connecticut. The Huskies finished 2017 with three wins and attendance proved to be a major problem for the school. If Thursday’s game is any indication of where this team stands, things are about to get worse.
The Huskies were humiliated by Central Florida with performances on both sides of the ball that would raise significant questions. UConn trailed by three-plus scores for a majority of the game and things could have been even worse if the Knights didn’t put on the breaks. While there might be pleasant memories of Edsall, he went 22-34 at Maryland and his second stint with the Huskies is quickly looking like a failure.
I watched that game thinking - thank God for whoever got us into the ACC or else that would be us. UCONN has vanished from the sports landscape possibly never to return. Oh and they need to stop hiring old dinosaurs to run their football program.

Have a hard time believing anyone can win at UConn now and as Newhouser said, that would be us if we didn't get into the ACC.

Have a hard time believing anyone can win at UConn now and as Newhouser said, that would be us if we didn't get into the ACC.

They're in the worst of all worlds. A non-P5 conference that (a) doesn't have any brand names to help interest and attendance, but (b) has several southern schools that can recruit athletes miles better than what UConn can land. No one is gonna hoof it to the Rent to watch them get blasted by directional Florida and 2nd-tier Texas schools. It's a perfect storm of suck.

After yesterday's performance, no one should have any reason to believe SU will have trouble with UConn. 500 yards on O, yes, but their young defense is horrendous, particularly their line and defensive backs. Unless our offense shows to be so putrid, we will blow them out.

After yesterday's performance, no one should have any reason to believe SU will have trouble with UConn. 500 yards on O, yes, but their young defense is horrendous, particularly their line and defensive backs. Unless our offense shows to be so putrid, we will blow them out.

We should hammer them but 486 yards of offense is pretty darn good.

Their projected starter, Hinton is suspended for the first 3 games. This kid is their backup.

Hinton is not taking the ball from this kid. Think Hunt taking it from Dungey after his first 3 games

He’s very good - I was watching thinking if Devito played like that in his first game this site would explode in euphoria. The two INT were not great - but he’ll grow out of that

Well UConn and Wagner should be the only guaranteed wins this year. I'm more concerned by Wake's performance. If they are a projected cellar dweller in the Atlantic, alongside us, then the ACC is not going to be easy ...once again

Well UConn and Wagner should be the only guaranteed wins this year. I'm more concerned by Wake's performance. If they are a projected cellar dweller in the Atlantic, alongside us, then the ACC is not going to be easy ...once again

yep, those two games are slam dunks, everything else is a dogfight. which is why the game today is so crucial, nothing is easy in the ACC/pseudo ACC team Notre Dame

The hope I had was that Wake would have a hole at QB and it would hold them back. They will be challenging.

Sidenotes:

- I *HATE* that Clawson is running our tempo O
- Their young QB runs and takes chances like Eric but is smaller that Eric was his first year. He might end up hurt by the time we play them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom