Welcome, Coach Brown! Now, about that portal... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Welcome, Coach Brown! Now, about that portal...

Welcome to Syracuse, Coach Brown!

Man a lot of jersey guys, former players for temple, rutgers and Baylor commenting on alot of the official social media posts. Haven’t heard a single bad word of the guy from an outsider. Very encouraging. The typical pessimistic armchair su fans can pound sand.

Yeah, we're gonna get some guys.

My bold prediction is he pulls off keeping Allen, Gadsden, and Villari (he's easier since he already used his freebie transfer), snags a QB talent and WR, and gets some OL transfers to shore up the line. Offense is as well-rounded as it's been in a long time.

On defense, I think there's going to be a lot of movement.
I think the change might be what Villari wanted. I was surprised at what he said about Syracuse’s culture during after Wake game presser.

Dan's a leader
LeQuint is a leader

Those two have the "dog" in the them

They are winners and have a winners mentality.

Fran has that mentality.
Both have proven to be the guys on this team. I don’t see them leaving. Like 99% sure they don’t if you asked for my gut feeling (which means nothing). I think Gadsden stays too.

I think we need to try and keep Barron as well

I know his eyes are on the NFL but as I said in the TVD thread, those two want to play together and with TVD in the portal I’m afraid we will see Barron follow suit…….

If Brown can get OG to come back and not go to NFL that’s a huge accomplishment for him as well

We also need a QB, perhaps TVD might be someone we look at, he was very interested in Cuse out of HS and was set to come here with Barron…..could be a way to keep Barron here but I think that’s going to cost $$$$ to get TVD but who knows

Coach Brown has a lot of work to do starting Monday, looking forward to see what he does

I know his eyes are on the NFL but as I said in the TVD thread, those two want to play together and with TVD in the portal I’m afraid we will see Barron follow suit…….

If Brown can get OG to come back and not go to NFL that’s a huge accomplishment for him as well

We also need a QB, perhaps TVD might be someone we look at, he was very interested in Cuse out of HS and was set to come here with Barron…..could be a way to keep Barron here but I think that’s going to cost $$$$ to get TVD but who knows

Coach Brown has a lot of work to do starting Monday, looking forward to see what he does
Love how hard Barron he plays but cmon let’s be real he is not NFL at all. If Mikel couldn’t even get drafted or stick around I don’t see how any guy on our defense right now can (besides maybe Johnson).

An honest question needs to be asked, what is the draft projection that Gadsden is going to get?

one year of good to great production, that wasn’t elite. One missed year due to injury, as a result out of scouts minds/eyes for this past year. NFL Size and Athleticism. NFL lineage.

what is that worth to NFL scouts? 4th round? 5th?

if he comes back and dominates, you have to imagine he’s got a shot to be a top 50 pick, and possibly a first rounder if he really is elite.

Agreed. I am sure OG is going to like CB. The question is can CB bring in a portal QB to get OG some good numbers again? Probably need a few oline as well so OG knows the new QB won’t be scrambling every drop back. Lots of needs on offense but hey thats why Fran was brought in. Bring the talent. This will be fun to watch.

I’ve been wondering that if a new DC drops the 3-3-5, does Barron move to LB? He’s got the size and the wheels…

I think the change might be what Villari wanted. I was surprised at what he said about Syracuse’s culture during after Wake game presser.
He came from a very organized school in Michigan. Culture and team concept are huge at a place like that. We all know coach babers is not organized. man didnt even have a playbook in the beginning.

They don’t get another freebie because their coach was fired. The portal only open at certain times for everyone (i.e. December 4 coming up). When a coach is fired, the portal automatically opens to that team for 30 days at that point. It doesn’t mean they get to transfer for free again. He would still have to sit a year without a mental hardship waiver.
I think our offense would grant him a mental hardship …

An honest question needs to be asked, what is the draft projection that Gadsden is going to get?

one year of good to great production, that wasn’t elite. One missed year due to injury, as a result out of scouts minds/eyes for this past year. NFL Size and Athleticism. NFL lineage.

what is that worth to NFL scouts? 4th round? 5th?

if he comes back and dominates, you have to imagine he’s got a shot to be a top 50 pick, and possibly a first rounder if he really is elite.
I wonder he would test.. He isnt the fastest guy or the quickest or the strongest.. Where does he project in the NFL.. I dont see a wideout and he needs bulk to be a TE.. He needs a team that like the TE type sets because he is going to have to be more physical off the line to get to the pros.

I’ve been talking him up since he transferred. Kid is special. I hope he stays and I hope we actually target him to his strengths. We didn’t nearly target him enough after OG went down.

well, he was a qb when he transferred, if you predicted hed turn into a stud TE, then thats quite the prediction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom