What a whiner Lebron is | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

What a whiner Lebron is

Status
Not open for further replies.
docsu said:
Honestly I think there's a lot of residual Melo vs LeBron frustration for some.

You're saying NBA fans across the country who don't like James are all Melo fans?

You're saying NBA fans across the country who don't like James are all Melo fans?

I'm saying that the LeBron hate here is as over the top as it gets, and I don't think it's a coincidence.

docsu said:
I'm saying that the LeBron hate here is as over the top as it gets, and I don't think it's a coincidence.

It's no more over the top than other places. He dies it to himself. It's one thing to not be liked because some people don't like the top dog. Add the decision and the incessant crying to that and you get a lot of dislike. It's not just a Syracuse thing.

A dopey, unsubstantiated board straw man fallacy (one of many), IMO.

Last edited:
Man, I don't know if Lebron is responsible for all Cleveland's role players turning into Reggie Miller behind the 3 point line but whatever he's doing so far is working. At some point, as much as a dislike his incessant whining, I have to give him credit for getting guys like Delly, Shump, JR to play at such a high level.

Interesting change from an offensive team with Love and Kyrie to a defensive one without. If they play defense like that and shoot it like NBA Jam fireballs, only Golden State can beat them.

Man, I don't know if Lebron is responsible for all Cleveland's role players turning into Reggie Miller behind the 3 point line but whatever he's doing so far is working. At some point, as much as a dislike his incessant whining, I have to give him credit for getting guys like Delly, Shump, JR to play at such a high level.

Interesting change from an offensive team with Love and Kyrie to a defensive one without. If they play defense like that and shoot it like NBA Jam fireballs, only Golden State can beat them.

LeBron's a game and team changer. It's not a coincidence that guys like Dellavedova, JR, Shumpert, Mozgov,and Jones and Thompson are playing so well. Love Tristan, he's a rebounding monster, 33 in the first two games. He's had a strong season and is gonna get very rich in the off-season with LeBron's old buddy and agent Rich Paul handling matters.

Last edited:
RF2044 said:
A dopey, unsubstantiated board straw man fallacy (one of many), IMO.

That's not necessarily true. It may be hyperbolic in some sense, but not entirely wrong. You know there have been multiple threads here comparing LeBron and Melo and nowhere else would any fan base have those ranked as close as those arguments here did based on skill set and results/accomplishments. There's something to it.

I'm still waiting for the Chris Paul sucks thread btw. It's got to be coming from the NBA masters of Syracusefan.com.

44cuse

That's not necessarily true. It may be hyperbolic in some sense, but not entirely wrong. You know there have been multiple threads here comparing LeBron and Melo and nowhere else would any fan base have those ranked as close as those arguments here did based on skill set and results/accomplishments. There's something to it.

I'm still waiting for the Chris Paul sucks thread btw. It's got to be coming from the NBA masters of Syracusefan.com.

44cuse

Flynn outplayed harden doe

44cuse said:
That's not necessarily true. It may be hyperbolic in some sense, but not entirely wrong. You know there have been multiple threads here comparing LeBron and Melo and nowhere else would any fan base have those ranked as close as those arguments here did based on skill set and results/accomplishments. There's something to it. I'm still waiting for the Chris Paul sucks thread btw. It's got to be coming from the NBA masters of Syracusefan.com. 44cuse

And how long has it been since you've seen those posts? That was early career and probably after Melo had played so great in the Olympics.

Flynn outplayed harden doe

Unfortunately it's on the Off Topic board but that's a straight up post of the year nomination.

Those were hilarious posts on this board and a perfect example of some in this fan bases ridiculous lack of objectivity and complete bias to SU. Having some bias is totally fine. I definitely do. But the lack of objectivity here is incredible. That said, it may just be general lack of watching ore than just SU basketball (like the football fan base back in the day).

44cuse

James does it to himself. And being great or some jealousy isn't why he's so disliked. I'm sure there are people who have disliked other great players but I don't remember this much dislike for Jordan, Bird, Magic, etc.
I don't think LBJ is all that disliked by most. Players gravitate to him.
I guess time and history will judge.

If it's an embellishment, it's not by much.

It 100% is embellished. And I know, because I'm the one who wrote the scouting report for that ASU game that has been intentionally turned into a straw man by people like you who mis-reference it at every opportunity.

It 100% is embellished. And I know, because I'm the one who wrote the scouting report for that ASU game that has been intentionally turned into a straw man by people like you who mis-reference it at every opportunity.

There was a collective angst after Harden was taken over Flynn in the draft. It was based entirely on his "performance" in the tournament, because no one pays attention to basketball outside of SU.

It had nothing to do with your scoring report (which I had no knowledge of up until fifteen minutes ago.)

RF2044 said:
Another dopey, horsesh-t board embellishment.

No way. That was legit RF. 100%. The "Harden isn't that good crowd" was absolutely out.

44cuse

RF2044 said:

He's not referring to you.

44cuse

Totally concur. Some people doth project too much, feeling their anti-LeBron tilts speak for the masses. I saw plenty of LeBron jerseys on TV at Friday night's game in Atlanta, same thing every time he's on the road. These people can't all be northeast Ohio expats. And I doubt his jerseys top the NBA sales chart every year because people are buying them to burn or make voodoo dolls. http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....popular-jerseys-for-sixth-consecutive-season/

He's incredibly disliked by the masses. Check out the majority of social media posts with him involved. Which is odd Given his clean off the court history. I've always been a big lebron defender and fan since I love the game and he plays it better than everyone, but this year I definitely can see a bit more why people have the feelings they do. No, I'm not justifying some of the hate, but let's be real- james is certainly a complainer. That's a big reason so many have strong feelings against him.

At the end of the day, I can still appreciate how good he is. It's pretty unreal. Some people can't, which is unfortunate because he's a historic talent.

Can't agree here. People legitimately stood by the premise that Flynn was better than Harden based on the tournament game. And it's certainly not based on an embellishment of your scouting report (which I cant recall).

That being said, I certainly didn't see harden becoming the player he is. OKC had Westbrook harden and Durant AND Ibaka. Talk about blown opportunities.

GoHamSU said:
Can't agree here. People legitimately stood by the premise that Flynn was better than Harden based on the tournament game. And it's certainly not based on an embellishment of your scouting report (which I cant recall). That being said, I certainly didn't see harden becoming the player he is. OKC had Westbrook harden and Durant AND Ibaka. Talk about blown opportunities.

RF is thinking about something else (which I also think I remember). But I know I wrote a response to someone to give them facts on Flynn vs Harden. Almost certain it was in those posts or thread regarding Flynn's injury and comparison to Harden.

44cuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors