What are some of the positives around the program? | Syracusefan.com

What are some of the positives around the program?

The program needs some optimism.

Instead of all this negativity which i contribute too.

What are some of the positive things around the program’s future?
Well... still loving Orange. Bought some throwback orange with white suede pumas today. I have a nice SU sweatshirt to cooooooooorrrrdinate them with.

Jesse is fun. Watching his game grow and he seems - just from TV viewing - to have a good idea on how to dismiss the ramblings and blaming from a near 80 year old Clark Griswold who's using our season as a family vacation to Wally World
Yeah we finally have an actual big man who can finish and draws a ton of fouls. And we honestly aren’t that bad at getting him the ball.

Dome updates overall are a positive

The program needs some optimism.

Instead of all this negativity which i contribute too.

What are some of the positive things around the program’s future?
The #1 spending program in America in the sport.

The Dome, the biggest/baddest place to play in America.

The fans. Tend to come out and fill it during normal times.

Killer practice facilities.

Top whatever all-time tradition/wins.

We have Alsacs posting on forums 180x a day…passion.

Last edited:
Jesse. Big men with skill are unicorns in college. If we can ensure he stays, gets a little weight on him, his fundamentals uptick just a bit and our overall defensive abilities improve, he can be all conference.

Benny. In the right situation, this kid could live above the rim here and be a problem on defense.

Joe. Honestly. Defense stinks. But you put the kid off ball and have him sprinting around all game, it fundamentally changes the way you are defended. Let this cat put in work off ball, I think you’re seeing a totally different player.

Solid incoming class. Really wish we had a high end PG tho. And I like Q, just don’t think he’s a day one guy.

Jesse. Big men with skill are unicorns in college. If we can ensure he stays, gets a little weight on him, his fundamentals uptick just a bit and our overall defensive abilities improve, he can be all conference.

Benny. In the right situation, this kid could live above the rim here and be a problem on defense.

Joe. Honestly. Defense stinks. But you put the kid off ball and have him sprinting around all game, it fundamentally changes the way you are defended. Let this cat put in work off ball, I think you’re seeing a totally different player.

Solid incoming class. Really wish we had a high end PG tho. And I like Q, just don’t think he’s a day one guy.
Give some thought to Symir.

I think Sy can help us this year to be slightly better.

Overall I think Sy would need a very specific team around him to really be a key player.

I think he has a lot of limitations, but can do some things well.
He is so fast and quick. Only guy I can think of at SU that played guard in his speed class would be Johnny Flynn.

He is so fast and quick. Only guy I can think of at SU that played guard in his speed class would be Johnny Flynn.

I think he may be closer to James Thues in skill, but I agree that speed and quickness are sorely missing in the starting five and he brings a nice gear change. Again, I would start the kid if it were my call.

I think he may be closer to James Thues in skill, but I agree that speed and quickness are sorely missing in the starting five and he brings a nice gear change. Again, I would start the kid if it were my call.
To me, it looks like he has just gotten up to speed. I'm interested to see what the coaches do with him going forward. I would think one thing he could do well would be to push the ball down the floor and kick it back to open 3 point shooters trailing the play and get them some open looks when the offense bogs down. I would defy anyone to keep up with him im the open court.

To me, it looks like he has just gotten up to speed. I'm interested to see what the coaches do with him going forward. I would think one thing he could do well would be to push the ball down the floor and kick it back to open 3 point shooters trailing the play and get them some open looks when the offense bogs down. I would defy anyone to keep up with him im the open court.

Agree with that. Would like to see it as an option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom