What do you believe is the best basketball game ever played at the Dome? | Syracusefan.com

What do you believe is the best basketball game ever played at the Dome?

Alsacs

Living Legend
I have 3 choices. 1980 3OT Villanova v. Syracuse Big East Tournament Final, Pearl Washington game against Georgetown in 1985, or the 2014 Duke v. Syracuse game. This game was heavily hyped and lived up to the hype. Since I am young I will go with the Duke game.

I would love to hear what others think.

My 3 may not even make others top 5s. We have had a lot of great games at the Dome but I was just wondering what others thought. Duke was the only 3 I went as the other 2 I listed I was barely born for the pearl game.

I will show my age and throw in the SU/Michigan st game when they had magic johnson. SU held Magic to his career low and Marty Byrnes had 25 for SU.
Great game and upset. Mich St came in ranked 4th in the country. Also, was the scene of one of the best JB meltdowns of all-time. The press gave Magic the MVP of the Carrier Classic even though State lost and Marty B had a GREAT game. I think JB even thru a chair during his presser. Called the local media ignorant and gutless. Nice to see some things just dont change.

Not sure what the answer is here but there should be a rule that you can't vote for a game you went to. Everyone's going to vote for the game they went to.

I'm 35 so from late 80s on

Gtown '90
Pitt '03
Duke '14

Honorable mention nova '10. Dome felt like the 80s, and we played an incredible game. We would have beat any team in the country by double digits that nite.

Not sure what the answer is here but there should be a rule that you can't vote for a game you went to. Everyone's going to vote for the game they went to.

Some of us have slept in the Carrier Dome during basketball season for decades and naming a home game that one hasn't gone to would be impossible. :p

The one that is burned in my memory is the UConn game where Hopkins airballed the free throw.

vvvvvvvv
I will show my age and throw in the SU/Michigan st game when they had magic johnson. SU held Magic to his career low and Marty Byrnes had 25 for SU.
Great game and upset. Mich St came in ranked 4th in the country. Also, was the scene of one of the best JB meltdowns of all-time. The press gave Magic the MVP of the Carrier Classic even though State lost and Marty B had a GREAT game. I think JB even thru a chair during his presser. Called the local media ignorant and gutless. Nice to see some things just dont change.
Wasn't at the dome. I was a sr at Syracuse. The game was at manley.

Pearl vs. Georgetown wins.

The 3 overtime game against Villanova was just amazing. And no automatic bid.

Pearl vs. BC is the best moment.

The Pitt game in 2003 deserves mention. The road win at Michigan State was the game that was the real harbinger of what was to come.

I have 3 choices. 1980 3OT Villanova v. Syracuse Big East Tournament Final, Pearl Washington game against Georgetown in 1985, or the 2014 Duke v. Syracuse game. This game was heavily hyped and lived up to the hype. Since I am young I will go with the Duke game.

I would love to hear what others think.
December 11 1982: SU 92, Houston Phi Slamma Jamma 87. The Cougs had Hakeem, Clyde Drexler and others, but the Rautins/Bruin/Santifer team beat them. End-to-end action.