What is wrong with jb | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

What is wrong with jb

I appreciate the sense of tradition and tobacco road in North Carolina and the ACC south.

However,

It is just such a bad argument to say the tourney needs to stay in G'boro. I'd even say its dumb to have it in Charlotte or Raleigh. Put that 'ship in a world class city to display the NCAA's best competition for the world to see. I don't care if it's Atlanta/Miami/NYC or even DC.

If you're going to walk around like the big dog, you gotta act like one too.

The attendance argument is bush league. Put the tournament in Flint, Michigan and you'll still see a lotta orange. Travel better you NC rookies.

You left out the other three paragraphs from the quote which fleshes out the response.

Where did he say anything that fleshes it out?

I appreciate the sense of tradition and tobacco road in North Carolina and the ACC south.

However,

It is just such a bad argument to say the tourney needs to stay in G'boro. I'd even say its dumb to have it in Charlotte or Raleigh. Put that 'ship in a world class city to display the NCAA's best competition for the world to see. I don't care if it's Atlanta/Miami/NYC or even DC.

If you're going to walk around like the big dog, you gotta act like one too.

The attendance argument is bush league. Put the tournament in Flint, Michigan and you'll still see a lotta orange. Travel better you NC rookies.
Did anyone make that argument?

We have our own fans that trash Syracuse and people don't get upset.

Our coach trashes Greensboro and we are upset.

You already covered what I was going to say.

To expand on that a little... where is the outrage over everyone always exaggerating over the amount of snow Syracuse gets or any of the other constant jabs people take?

Is the South off limits to bashing or something? I swear anytime someone says something "mean" about a Southern city people go crazy but when it's a northern city that's trashed nobody has any outrage.

Did anyone make that argument?

Not people in this thread, no. But reading through articles, blowing this JB comment out of proportion, it seems to be gospel amongst the southern half of our conference. They'd rather play to a full North Carolina crowd than a "half full" MSG/Barclays.

We have our own fans that trash Syracuse and people don't get upset.

Our coach trashes Greensboro and we are upset.

He didn't even "trash" it from what I've seen. Saying the obvious that it's not a major city and that the tournament should be in a major city isn't trashing it.

The UNC response is "your team lost and isn't doing that great and Greensboro worked just fine for the old league!(Because its close to my house and we won it every year!)

LOL.

Am I the only one appalled at the questions reporters ask? I mean Dana really? You ask the head coach of a bubble team three times whether you think they belong in? No common sense.

Then you ask a coach that has coached 10 million games in NY if he likes the ACC tourney being in NY?

What next...his favorite color?

Both questions worked to perfection. That is the bigger picture here. All you have to do is poke JB a little bit and he will become a fountain of cartoonish emotional takes. The Greensboro thing absolutely was out of left field - he was asked about NYC. He then went on one of his emotion fueled digressions into an unrelated topic. Pure win for the reporter who got that reaction even though it wasn't probably even intended as bait for such a clown response. Dana O'Neill kept pressing him after he said he has no opinion and what does he do: spew a 5 minute long monologue. Point > O'Neill. They played JB like a fiddle in that press conference. But whatever. I know a lot of people have this impression that if you think JB is unprofessional in press conferences that you are somehow emotionally weak or whatever. . If you voluntarily act like an idiot in front of a microphone, you deserve to get called out for it. If our fans don't understand that, maybe they are the ones who are emotionally fragile.

Both questions worked to perfection. That is the bigger picture here. All you have to do is poke JB a little bit and he will become a fountain of cartoonish emotional takes. The Greensboro thing absolutely was out of left field - he was asked about NYC. He then went on one of his emotion fueled digressions into an unrelated topic. Pure win for the reporter who got that reaction even though it wasn't probably even intended as bait for such a clown response. Dana O'Neill kept pressing him after he said he has no opinion and what does he do: spew a 5 minute long monologue. Point > O'Neill. They played JB like a fiddle in that press conference. But whatever. I know a lot of people have this impression that if you think JB is unprofessional in press conferences that you are somehow emotionally weak or whatever. . If you voluntarily act like an idiot in front of a microphone, you deserve to get called out for it. If our fans don't understand that, maybe they are the ones who are emotionally fragile.

He's a guy in his 70s who's kind of a jerk and knows he's on his way out and doesn't care what people think.

It is what it is.

Q: has or will JB ever play an NCAA game in Greensboro?

Also am I crazy but didn't he insult them (or someone like them) a couple years ago?

Don't know, but we did play Duke there in the ACC/Big East Challenge. Beat them.

Its blowing my mind that Boeheim is getting anything other than a standing ovation (from everybody in the country outside of Greensboro) for these remarks.

For those who say the timing of his comments are bad, I disagree, the attention they got prove the timing was correct, and logically, isn't the right time to talk about the conference tournament AT the conference tournament? If he said it after a random game against Virginia Tech in January it would have been out of place.

I also want to point out that he has said the same thing on numerous occasions in the past. I don't remember any outrage then.

Is it even possible to argue with the statement itself? There is no way the ACC tournament should be played in Greensboro. His idea of rotating between Atlanta, Washington and NYC is an idea that should make just about anybody happy. Frankly every ACC coach should be saying something similar every chance they get (at least every ACC coach who cares about the health of the conference).

We SHOULD be outraged at every ACC coach who hasn't made a statement of this type.

I mean, somebody please try to argue with me about this.

Personally I'd tell NYC, Washington, and Atlanta they have a nine year audition. Each city gets to hold 3 tournaments. At the end of that span the site that's most successful (has the highest fan turnout, and the best fan experience) gets to host the tournament every year from that point forward.

Its blowing my mind that Boeheim is getting anything other than a standing ovation (from everybody in the country outside of Greensboro) for these remarks.

For those who say the timing of his comments are bad, I disagree, the attention they got prove the timing was correct, and logically, isn't the right time to talk about the conference tournament AT the conference tournament? If he said it after a random game against Virginia Tech in January it would have been out of place.

I also want to point out that he has said the same thing on numerous occasions in the past. I don't remember any outrage then.

Is it even possible to argue with the statement itself? There is no way the ACC tournament should be played in Greensboro. His idea of rotating between Atlanta, Washington and NYC is an idea that should make just about anybody happy. Frankly every ACC coach should be saying something similar every chance they get (at least every ACC coach who cares about the health of the conference).

We SHOULD be outraged at every ACC coach who hasn't made a statement of this type.

Personally I'd tell NYC, Washington, and Atlanta they have a nine year audition. Each city gets to hold 3 tournaments. At the end of that span the site that's most successful (has the highest fan turnout, and the best fan experience) gets to host the tournament every year from that point forward.
Totally agree

5 page thread and I still haven't seen anybody actual make an argument for him being incorrect. Weird.

Just wait until Jimmy leaves.

This program will turn into Georgetown if we're lucky. Jimmy is one of the best coaches ever.

Careful what you wish for.

C6fkf_nWcAAMJs0.jpg

C6fkf_mXEAATOoj.jpg

I agree with everything you wrote, and would add the context matters. Already some sensitivity with NC, HB-2, and the NCAA. Then there was the twitter response. Then ESPN had it as their top headline all day for some reason. Add all that to the fact that the nostalgic NC ACC teams think it should go back that way, then you have a nice snowball effect to get more media attention than it deserves. Just the old cranky guy running his mouth again.

the whole "i'm the smartest guy in the room" schtick never plays well at any function. you look like an a$$.

Really you trash Greensboro. Why. Im so disappointed in him. He comes across as a bitter mean spirited SOB.
This is the same guy who wrote me when my wife passed. Who raises significant money and awareness for the cancer fight. I don't get it. This is not our coach. I hate to see him like this. It truly saddens me as i know he is a great guy. Someone close to him needs to step up and help him. CTO...
He gone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom