What's the best guess for limited fans? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

What's the best guess for limited fans?

I think they have to have multiple plans.. They should probably figure out the plan that starts after no fans and sell tickets based on plan b,c,d and let people know that when the buy..

Making a decision in May for games in Sept seems pretty far off.
It’s fluid situation , logistical nightmare for SU. My niece is 20 grad . They have been told there Grad will be first event in new dome in fall.

My guess is every other row closed and 6 feet between seat groups.

That probably will shake out at about 25%

If they can’t have concessions they won’t allow fans, the goal of the University is to make money with athletics, not to simply entertain and please us.
I already paid for my tickets, so they've made some money off me already. If I merely wanted to be entertained, I would stay home and watch it on tv.

I haven’t heard of any arena talking about reducing their capacity to dramatically. Maybe this is because of the roof and the thought that there is more exposure because of the lack of air flow? If that is the case, rent some of those giant industrial fans and place them in various places throughout the facility to ensure excellent air flow. Can we still crank up the fans used to hold the roof up for one more year? I think that is the plan. That will help to some degree. Pete Sala said they needed to have a higher pressure inside the building in 2020 for various reasons, and those needs would go away in 2021. Plus, they can keep those giant vents on the walls in the east and west walls open all game long to help improve air flow.

I can say this: there won’t be AC in the dome in 2020. Those first couple of games, if the crowd was asked to deal with strong fans blowing air on them, no one is going to be upset with it. It will be a positive in several ways.
I don't think you want to use fans to increase air circulation if you're trying to keep down airborne infections. The fans you'd need would be exhaust and intake fans to bring in clean air and exhaust breathed in air. Even then, you stood would be increasing the circulation.
The best thing, from what I've read, would be UV lamps ( my eyes!) and increase humidity as indications are sunlight kills/greatly weakens the germs and humidity decreases the distance the germs can travel.

Making a decision in May for games in Sept seems pretty far off.
Not at all, they should start to make some decisions now. Good leaders come up with a plan in advance and tweak it along the way as the situation and circumstances change.

That would be a pretty cool seat. As long as you sign the waiver first.

Not for me.

I’d likely redecorate a uniform or two if I had to look straight down to follow the play.

I don't think you want to use fans to increase air circulation if you're trying to keep down airborne infections. The fans you'd need would be exhaust and intake fans to bring in clean air and exhaust breathed in air. Even then, you stood would be increasing the circulation.
The best thing, from what I've read, would be UV lamps ( my eyes!) and increase humidity as indications are sunlight kills/greatly weakens the germs and humidity decreases the distance the germs can travel.
The building of course has had very positive air pressure and Sala has already indicated they will continue to force positive air pressure in 2020. That means the air pressure in the building will be higher than the air pressure outside, and air will be flowing out of the building everywhere it has an opportunity to do so.

I expect to help make the building as safe as possible, they are going to keep the giant vents open above the end zones. The fans formerly used to hold the roof up will, as they have since day one, suck air in from the outside and force the air pressure in the building to be artifically high.

So clearly, the air flow is already going to be coming from the outside in and the inside out. Anything that improves the circulation of the air will help this process. The last thing we want is stagnant air allowing air droplets to hang around the fan base indefinitely.

As I’ve said elsewhere I’m guessing 6k-10k. Depending on boxes, families sitting closer and maybe standing room it will approach the 10k. But if social distancing guidelines stay the same it will be between those numbers unless SU ignores the guidelines in which case they are taking risks. Ohio St announced 20-50k depending on social distancing. If it stays the same that’s their 20k number which is 20% of their 100k outdoor stadium. 20% for us would be about 10k.

Not at all, they should start to make some decisions now. Good leaders come up with a plan in advance and tweak it along the way as the situation and circumstances change.

That’s fine. It’s 30% today and it’ll be 50% in Sept.

Wer are planning a SU Football Road Trip either at Clemson on Oct 24th or November 7th at Wake Forest.

Maybe those of us left out because of any crowd capacity should be looking at road trips.

In the end most season ticket holders who want to go will be allowed to go probably while wearing a mask and social distancing, only entering thru your assigned gate

I see some schools are doing 20% - just got my letter from the AD so curious what everyone thinks...

The actual ass in the seat count for a nooner vs directional michigan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom