Who else is in for Cameron? | Syracusefan.com

Who else is in for Cameron?

It's not hard for non-Tobacco road games, Cameron is a little sweat box I went to last year's Duke-Boston College game at Cameron its tiny and you really can't understand that watching games there. Getting tickets isn't hard as the Duke fanbase in Durham/Raleigh isn't that high outside of bandwagon fans. The State of NC is 50% UNC 30% NC State, 5% ECU, 5% Duke, 5% Wake Forest, 5% Appalachian State. Cameron only seats 9k and it shouldn't be that difficult to find a ticket to the game if you'll pay 100 dollars.

Excuses make you weak.
His next excuse will be something about it's too far away for him or something else weak like that!!

lol believe me NASA, if I was in the area, I'd be there. Just heard alot of stories about it being a tough ticket to get. SU will have an allotment tho right?

AFO- I think I have the best excuse out of anyone lol, besides Alibrat.

lol believe me NASA, if I was in the area, I'd be there. Just heard alot of stories about it being a tough ticket to get. SU will have an allotment tho right?

AFO- I think I have the best excuse out of anyone lol, besides Alibrat.

Pfffttt...Thought you were Army Strong...not weak??!?!!

(Yeah, I know...I am permanently on that list now!!)

cameron.jpg

about_kirk.jpg

In the past it hasn't been difficult to get tickets to duke or unc games if it is just another game. Everybody thinks its difficult to get tickets at Cameron because the students are right on top of the court. The question will be if Duke and UNC fans will view Syracuse as just another game. I don't think they will. I've had relatives that have been to Cameron and the Dean Dome. Neither time did they have any issues getting tickets. If we have a big showing at Cameron this year, I could see them making it hard for us to get tickets in future years, but the Duke fan base is an interesting one. They are a more national fan base than a local one. Most locals are fans of UNC or NC State over Duke.

if its a Saturday nite game I may have to pull the trigger. I'm more excited to play at Cameron than Duke at the dome. we've seen huge crowds and crazy atmospheres at the dome, but we've never played at Cameron indoor.

Tickets aren't hard to get, you just have to be prepared to pay some good money for tickets. They are not cheap by any means. That being said, I'll be there, probably leaving doused in beer just like at NC State.

My question is ... are we going to have tickets available, or are we playing the "minimum allotment" game again, ala GT?

Syracuse-Duke will be the 2nd toughest ticket next year at Cameron, behind only Duke-Carolina.

Syracuse is highly respected here, and with the recent struggles of the ACC, people are excited for a powerful new conference rival. Throw in the Coach K-Boeheim storyline, and the fact that a lot will want to come from the northeast, and you've got a very expensive ticket.

Living in Richmond, Raleigh/Durham is only 4 or so hours from me. I will definitely attempt to get tickets sometime I'm sure. I am thrilled that we are in the ACC... VT, Virginia, Maryland (while here), NC State, Duke, NC, Wake are all doable.

Man, back in the day I remember being a volunteer for Hassle House when Cameron Indoor held concerts like Jefferson Starship and the Doobie Brothers and the kids would get too high and drunk and then we would have to help them get their act together, or sometimes call an ambulance, and the bands would be rocking out and...

Oh, were we talking about basketball?

Man, back in the day I remember being a volunteer for Hassle House when Cameron Indoor held concerts like Jefferson Starship and the Doobie Brothers and the kids would get too high and drunk and then we would have to help them get their act together, or sometimes call an ambulance, and the bands would be rocking out and...

Oh, were we talking about basketball?
I did the same at SU in the late 70's as we knew a "Townie" who had concert connections. We were "security" (i.e. mosh pit) for Santana, Andy Gibb, Linda Ronstadt, Eddie Kendricks, Aerosmith, Bad Company, Bob Marley, Hughey Lewis, and several more I'm forgetting. Good times!! The smoke was so thick at Bob Marley you couldn't even help but inhale!

Just for the experience of it, it is worth attending a game at Duke -- especially if you have never been on the campus. Cameron Indoor is a virtual museum (very well done) that exalts "the glory of Duke basketball." If you are a college hoops fan, it is well worth spending an hour or more wandering through it. Cameron is about the size of Manley, so there literally is not a bad seat in the house. But watching those students jump up and down (they are literally enclosed in a pen) can make you dizzy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom