Who else is in for Cameron? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Who else is in for Cameron?

I'd guess a ticket to Syracuse at Duke this year will go for at least $600-700. At least.

People on this board who have said you can walk up at Cameron on some game days and get a ticket for less than face value are right. But that's for Wofford and NC Central in December, or when the students are on break. There have been (December) games when I can't give away my extra tickets, and many others when I do give them away for nothing. Interestingly, if I plan ahead and offer those same tickets on Stubhub, I can get $200 apiece for them (case in point, Santa Clara last year) - selling to people who have a game at Cameron on their bucket list and don't want to come to Cameron without tickets in hand.

But that's not the case for big games. And Syracuse will be a BIG game. Of course it depends on the day of the week, where both teams are ranked after November tournaments, and maybe on how the first game goes if the two play at the Dome first, etc. But I would imagine those selling tickets will ask for close to $1000 to start, and that the prices won't drop all that much as game day approaches.

Just for the experience of it, it is worth attending a game at Duke -- especially if you have never been on the campus. Cameron Indoor is a virtual museum (very well done) that exalts "the glory of Duke basketball." If you are a college hoops fan, it is well worth spending an hour or more wandering through it. Cameron is about the size of Manley, so there literally is not a bad seat in the house. But watching those students jump up and down (they are literally enclosed in a pen) can make you dizzy.
The Duke campus is one of the prettiest I've been on, and the Duke gardens (right next to campus) in April is mind-blowing! (Very nice the rest of the year, but in the glories of spring - WOW.) Alas, we won't be playing Duke in April.

I saw a bball game one year maybe in the mid-seventies. Before Coach K. I had no idea I was sitting on soon to be hallowed ground! (I am still highly partial to Dome Sweet Dome.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom