Who got the apple tv? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Who got the apple tv?

I'm conflicted. We have iPads and iPhones, but yet the majority says roku is better than appletv. What to do? :noidea:

I'm conflicted. We have iPads and iPhones, but yet the majority says roku is better than appletv. What to do? :noidea:
With iPads and iPhones I'd recommend AppleTV, because you can literally watch anything by using AirPlay and linking your device to the AppleTV. I regularly link my MacBook Pro to mine, I can find any movie/tv show on the internet and stream it through my TV, same with sporting events. Have WatchESPN, MLBTV and NHL Gamecenter through the TV, NBCSports through the computer, and then just use streaming sites for football and anything else.

I concur with bnoro, if you have apple products you gotta go Apple TV. They function so well together, airplay is awesome. Unfortunately my MacBook Pro is a year to old to have airplay but it works great with both my iPhone and iPad. Only problem I ran into was my down arrow stopped working on my remote but I downloaded an app and can use my phone or ipad to control it

Have WatchESPN, MLBTV and NHL Gamecenter through the TV, NBCSports through the computer, and then just use streaming sites for football and anything else.

Ok. You have to go real slow with me, I am terrible with technology. What do you mean by WatchESPN, MLBTV, and NHL Gamecenter through the tv? My biggest fear of cutting the cord is not being able to watch my Leafs, Orange FBall, Orange BBall , and NY Giants.

Ok. You have to go real slow with me, I am terrible with technology. What do you mean by WatchESPN, MLBTV, and NHL Gamecenter through the tv? My biggest fear of cutting the cord is not being able to watch my Leafs, Orange FBall, Orange BBall , and NY Giants.

ESPN lords over the cable industry. You can not "cut the cord" and still have access to anything ESPN, including WatchESPN.

By "watch" they mean streaming media wirelessly (via "AirPlay") from your Mac, ipad, iphone, directly to your HDTV. If you have a mac/Apple, you can stream any of the content on your hard drive to your HDTV and your sound system (if you have one connected to the TV). This includes commercial movies, home movies, your pictures, your music, and anything on your desktop (2011 macs and newer).

That is the REAL advantage of using AppleTV if you have other Apple devices.

Through my parents cable subscription, I can access WatchESPN. I also pay subscriptions to MLBTV and NHL Gamecenter (which i can watch as I am out of market since i live in NY and watch Boston sports) The others I stream through sites like firstrow. If you're terrible with technology I wouldn't recommend cutting the cord.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom