Why expanding the NCAA tournament to 128 teams is a horrible idea | Syracusefan.com

Why expanding the NCAA tournament to 128 teams is a horrible idea

Love JB, but expanding to 128 is dumb. The tournament makes room for the best 36 or so best teams in the country, plus 32 scrubs who will never win, but earned their right to play by winning their conference tournament. If you are not one of those top 36, too bad. Wait until next year.

If they want to expand to 128, they should just let EVERY D1 team play. Make every round a best of 5 series, and start in November. Sheesh!

What's next -- an article on why shooting yourself in the head might be painful?

What's next -- an article on why shooting yourself in the head might be painful?

To be a smartass, that would be an interesting article, since I always assumed you wouldn't feel anything.

Every D1 team does play, except the Ivies. Conference tournaments for many conferences are the first rounds.

128 would be awful. Who could possibly keep track of it for one thing? UConn and Pitt would be in if there were 128 teams.

My personal opinion has always been, if they don't want to expand the tournament, then all D1 schools should share in the income equally. This determining payouts based on how far a team goes is more than a subtle encouragement to cheat.

If Basketball were like college football...Cuse would be playing UK in 6 weeks. UConn would be flying to St. Pete in 3 weeks to play Tulsa on Tuesday nite on ESPN3. Rutgers would continue to do what Rutgers does post season.

The tournament would be so much more competitive if they just awarded the auto bid to the regular season champs. That would make the regular season that much more maningful (like that matter to me who watches everything anyways).

I love championship week and love watching all of the conference tourneys but this would make the sport so much better.

a conference can choose to award it's auto bid to it's regular season champ and not have a post season tourney just like the Ivy league and the pre 2000 Big 10 and Pac 10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom