Wildhack Presser | Streaming 11 AM Monday | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack Presser | Streaming 11 AM Monday

I don't care if that press conference was all bravado as they gear up for the search. Feeling pretty hopeful right now.
Animated GIF

Wildhack does a good job with these. Dives down into the weeds with details when appropriate, but then knows when not to share too much.

I'm sure plenty of people will be unhappy no matter who the hire is, but he projects confidence that we can be better. And that we have the resources to do so. Not Georgia resources, but as good as all of our peers.

Hiring a firm
Hiring a candidate with HC and/or Coordinator experience at the P5 level. Don't know if the P5 experience is looking at the HC or just the Coordinator.
NIL is competitive with peer schools
Got lots of calls already of people who are interested in the job
VERY AWARE OF THE 12/4/23 DATE

Probably a check the box...EOE.
I would also like to add that search firms aid in contacting candidates that Syracuse might not have the time or resources to do so.

I’m sure ADJW has a list in mind, but the search firm may know a few unnamed candidates that would have interest or connections that we may not have.

The search firm doesn’t say this is your candidate or final three. They will get a list of candidates that do have interest IN ADDITION to whoever the University may focus on.

so when he says P5 experience he can't mean people with current P5 jobs right? I mean we don't have the cash to poach someone's coach do we?

I guess WIldhack did not go to Hawaii.
I wonder what coaches reached out to him yesterday.
I only saw half of the presser.
FYI I had a phone call from one players mother yesterday, I think he is good with everything, but there is concern.
I just texted the fiance of another player I am friendly with and she said the players are feeling good and positive for Saturday.

The video will be posted later. Approx 30 minutes long.

so when he says P5 experience he can't mean people with current P5 jobs right? I mean we don't have the cash to poach someone's coach do we?
would likely be someone on the hot seat somewhere else, ala Chip Kelly (though i am in no way saying he is a target) where both the school and the coach would be willing to part without a buyout in either direction

Good question

If a donor helped offset the buyout, and the school is ok with opening the purse strings a bit to help get the program on level footing, then who knows how the money is going to shake out.

As much as I crap on the school, I'd have to imagine there are a lot of smart people who have say in the matter, that realize it's time to put up to protect the financial interests of the schools athletic programs long term.

The longer they half ass it, the worse it will get as the landscape continues to evolve and change in this new era.

Well, he did literally say, "Either head coaching experience or coordinator experience. Somebody who has the leadership and communication skills."
Yeah but the way he talked about having a proven record of spotting/ developing talent made it sound like a HC to me. Unless that also applies to coordinators, and if it does then that’s my bad.

I still have my 215 number from when I lived in PA, but sadly JW didn't take my call despite my northeast roots.

Evidently there are some anonymous donors who bleed Orange and continue to step up in a big way. I don’t think the NIL situation is as dire as some people think it is.

Whoever these donors are, God bless you.

I expect that many of ADJW calls came from Football alums and significant donors with new HC preference. Hopefully, a significant number came from Coaches reps on behalf of their coach, who are proven winners!

Evidently there are some anonymous donors who bleed Orange and continue to step up in a big way. I don’t think the NIL situation is as dire as some people think it is.

Whoever these donors are, God bless you.
Probably a few former players.

As much as he gets grief for wanting Addazzio, Konrad has been much more engaged, publicly at least, with the program in recent years. And he has done very well for himself in business.

There are other former players as well who have been pretty supportive, financially, recently as well.

Now if only they could get the former kicker who is a reality TV star to sign over a nice NIL gift for special teams ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom