WMU Game Thread | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

WMU Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guarantee you Dabo takes Kelly Bryant out before halftime if they are blowing out Furman tomorrow.

Only issues I have from a stellar half of football is pass rush and Devin Butler looking like a pretend Wide Receiver.

Overall liked play of the oline in the first half...opened a few lanes, good push on short yardage, kept Dungy upright and negligible penalties.

Guarantee you Dabo takes Kelly Bryant out before halftime if they are blowing out Furman tomorrow.

Only issues I have from a stellar half of football is pass rush and Devin Butler looking like a pretend Wide Receiver.

I’m thinking Furman is a mismatch more akin to what we’ll see next week though?

Maybe I’m too deep into the sauce but have Koda and Conway been alternating sides on the line?

He must really get it done in practice?

Hopefully it will start to translate in games.
To quote the great American philosopher Allen Iverson: It's practice, not a game...not a game...practice, man.

Dungey took a couple big hits. Saw the training staff take him to the makeshift lockerroom on the sideline. Probably can keep him on the bench until FSU in two weeks.

Dungey took a couple big hits. Saw the training staff take him to the makeshift lockerroom on the sideline. Probably can keep him on the bench until FSU in two weeks.

He doesn’t need to lower his shoulder on that end zone play. Just fake it, and walk in to the outside. That’s the one play of his I’d like to take back. The stiff arm just before it was nice though.

Why? It’s a fing scrimmage.

Devito gets the third. Rex the 4th
Hope that's what they do. But they should've waited. Don't ever mess with a successful rythm. Most especially with your qb's head. That said if this is what we find ourselves debating about this year I'll take it!

Two main areas I was really concerned about were LB and WR. LBs are better than I thought. Not dominating but solid. WR I am still very worried about. Custis will be serviceable but Butler has terrible hands and Riley is just to darn small. Use Pierce more and have the two Johnsons step up or two of the Freshmen need to contribute. We won't be able to run down the throat of ACC defenses like WMU.
The sooner Riley goes to the bench the better this team will be.

Agree with a comment earlier about no pressure on the QB. Granted, we haven't blitzed a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom