Woodshed beatdown coming tomorrow to UCONN | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Woodshed beatdown coming tomorrow to UCONN

this thread makes me want to load up the pistol, start slugging from a bottle of jack and drive over to a coke dealer's...
[the boat has arrived at the Do Lung bridge, which is a combat zone]
Chef: Lance! Hey, Lance! What do you think?
Lance: It's beautiful!
Chef: What's the matter with you? You're acting kinda weird!
Lance: Hey, you know that last tab of acid I was saving?...I dropped it.
Chef: You dropped acid?... Far out!

Our program is not at the point where a true freshman Punter can be considered a Heisman candidate. Hof will need to be an upper classman, like Dixon was when he got shafted last year.
Photobucket burning couch Minus the couch and the blue guy

this thread makes me want to load up the pistol, start slugging from a bottle of jack and drive over to a coke dealer's...

Figured you were already at his house

I need to believe so I made a conscious decision to read this thread

giphy.gif

I think people are underestimating UCONN's defense. They have not given up many points for the past two years. I believe they held Houston to under 20 points last year.

I think people are underestimating UCONN's defense. They have not given up many points for the past two years. I believe they held Houston to under 20 points last year.

I'm not. We played a far better defense already and scored 28. I think they are good but not good enough.

Houston also lost their #1 QB

I've learned to not be impressed by teams that make decisions that prop up the defense.

I'm not. We played a far better defense already and scored 28. I think they are good but not good enough.

Houston also lost their #1 QB

Technically we could play the game we've always played for years, in reverse. UL didn't show a lot on defense against us because they wanted to save it for future games. They did look like they had packed it in for most of the middle of the game, that just as easily explains why we scored 28.

Technically we could play the game we've always played for years, in reverse. UL didn't show a lot on defense against us because they wanted to save it for future games. They did look like they had packed it in for most of the middle of the game, that just as easily explains why we scored 28.

I watched that game 3 times.

Jackson was playing in the 4th. They had fake cramps. They were up 14 in the 4th and playing starters. Petrino was reaming out his FG kicker.

We scored 28 because we played well on O. More yardage and more points than FSU by roughly 200yds.

If they were playing vanilla D on purpose it was a bad strategy.

I watched that game 3 times.

Jackson was playing in the 4th. They had fake cramps. They were up 14 in the 4th and playing starters. Petrino was reaming out his FG kicker.

We scored 28 because we played well on O. More yardage and more points than FSU by roughly 200yds.

If they were playing vanilla D on purpose it was a bad strategy.

I'm not sure how many times you've watched a game, has to do with anything but vanilla D is a strategy a lot of teams employ when they go up big. They had their starters in, of course they did, they were up huge and the 1st Q wasn't over. They weren't going to pull their starters the rest of the game after the 1st Q. If the game situation had been reversed you would have said, our defense is better than it looked in that game but we didn't play that hard on defense because of the score, so we kind of let them score 28. Same logic applies.

I'm just challenging some of the RutgersAl logic we have at times. I'm sure our offense is vastly improved and will continue to improve but since we've looked pretty bad the last couple of games let's stop propping Colgate up like we beat some top 25 team and saying every other team we're about to play isn't really that good. We aren't really that good either. Let's just see what happens.

Colgate did not play that game for keeps . If they had , it would have been a tough fight and maybe a loss .

I'm not sure how many times you've watched a game, has to do with anything but vanilla D is a strategy a lot of teams employ when they go up big. They had their starters in, of course they did, they were up huge and the 1st Q wasn't over. They weren't going to pull their starters the rest of the game after the 1st Q. If the game situation had been reversed you would have said, our defense is better than it looked in that game but we didn't play that hard on defense because of the score, so we kind of let them score 28. Same logic applies.

I'm just challenging some of the RutgersAl logic we have at times. I'm sure our offense is vastly improved and will continue to improve but since we've looked pretty bad the last couple of games let's stop propping Colgate up like we beat some top 25 team and saying every other team we're about to play isn't really that good. We aren't really that good either. Let's just see what happens.

The opposing view is that many teams will play vanilla due to tempo. Babers would like them to try complicated coverages on the fly. This offense preys on that kind of play calling.

I'm not sure how you know what I'd say hypothetically. Seems straw mannish to me.

What?
They had nothing to gain and everything to lose playing a serious game . They went to the final 8 of the FCS playoffs last year and think they can go all the way this year . They don't need to have key players injured in a scrimmage against a team like Syracuse who would have really taken things to the next level if they were in danger of losing that game .

They had nothing to gain and everything to lose playing a serious game . They went to the final 8 of the FCS playoffs last year and think they can go all the way this year . They don't need to have key players injured in a scrimmage against a team like Syracuse who would have really taken things to the next level if they were in danger of losing that game .
Wow...completely delusional.

I'm not sure how you know what I'd say hypothetically. Seems straw mannish to me.

Not really straw mannish, the things you say or would say are pretty consistent regardless of coach or actual team performance. It's fairly predictable.

Wow...completely delusional.
Their starting QB , who is up for the Payton award , did not play the whole 4th quarter . I wouldn't take anything out of that game other than the SU offense could not establish a running game against a team that it would expect to have good success at doing that .

i actually do expect to win by 3 tds and will be disappointed with anything less than a 2 td win.
The moment we get up by 2 TDs the game is over.