Woodshed beatdown coming tomorrow to UCONN | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Woodshed beatdown coming tomorrow to UCONN

Colgate did not play that game for keeps . If they had , it would have been a tough fight and maybe a loss .

This makes zero sense. We can beat this 1A team but we are going to decide not to because the positive press far outweighs any potential injuries to players who were ALREADY ON THE FIELD PLAYING.

:confused:

He's still pi$$ed that Hunt didn't win the Heisman.
Why do you feel the need to piss on Hunt . He had a lot of bad breaks , really low .

They had nothing to gain and everything to lose playing a serious game . They went to the final 8 of the FCS playoffs last year and think they can go all the way this year . They don't need to have key players injured in a scrimmage against a team like Syracuse who would have really taken things to the next level if they were in danger of losing that game .

You may actually be insane.

This makes zero sense. We can beat this 1A team but we are going to decide not to because the positive press far outweighs any potential injuries to players who were ALREADY ON THE FIELD PLAYING.

:confused:
If the coach gives the word like , let's not play risky and get some injuries then that's the way it is .

The moment we get up by 2 TDs the game is over.

I agree and if this happens I think it will be interesting to see what our defense looks like with a decent size lead. USF doesn't count because they are a really good team. What I loved when Shafer was the D-coordinator and the year we had Doug Hogue at LB, we would attack when we smelled blood. That was a really fun D to watch and that is possible with a Tampa 2 based defense. I'm unfortunately a Bears fan, when that team had a few years of really really good defense it was really fun to watch their D when the team had a lead. Granted they had talent at all 3 levels which is important but it will still be interesting to see how our D responds against a similar team.

If the coach gives the word like , let's not play risky and get some injuries then that's the way it is .

I think that is maybe true when ITT tech plays the #1 team in the country, what's the point. I don't think that logic applies if you truly believe you are a better team than who you are playing. That sends a terrible message to your players for 1 but what coach doesn't want to beat a 1A team if they truly believe they can.

I haven't met a coach yet that would follow that logic.

Why do you feel the need to piss on Hunt . He had a lot of bad breaks , really low .
I was/am actually a huge fan of T Hunt. Great personal story and I was pulling for his success on every play of his career.

Even when Hunt played well, I was never under the impression that he would be invited to NYC. As an SU fan and a T Hunt fan it would have been a great scenario...but...Hunt for the Heisman was completely unrealistic. Riley for the Heisman was far more attainable.

Not really straw mannish, the things you say or would say are pretty consistent regardless of coach or actual team performance. It's fairly predictable.

Okay? I'm consistently hopeful. Guilty, man.

Let's get back to this idea that Louisville was up 14 in the 4th Q and were playing vanilla D because they were up by so much. I like when you go conspiracy theory, despite facts to the contrary.

I think that is maybe true when ITT tech plays the #1 team in the country, what's the point. I don't think that logic applies if you truly believe you are a better team than who you are playing. That sends a terrible message to your players for 1 but what coach doesn't want to beat a 1A team if they truly believe they can.

I haven't met a coach yet that would follow that logic.
Most of their offense comes from their QB , Melville , without him they are not a contender . Look at the beating John Robertson sustained trying to win that game 3 years ago . Would you rather win against Syracuse or win an FCS championship . I just don't ascribe mush to the score or the outcome of that game . That's all .

I was/am actually a huge fan of T Hunt. Great personal story and I was pulling for his success on every play of his career.

Even when Hunt played well, I was never under the impression that he would be invited to NYC. As an SU fan and a T Hunt fan it would have been a great scenario...but...Hunt for the Heisman was completely unrealistic. Riley for the Heisman was far more attainable.
He looked bad in McD's new system . I don't think that was all his fault . What he accomplished in 2013 was remarkable and he looked primed to become a national level QB .

He looked bad in McD's new system . I don't think that was all his fault . What he accomplished in 2013 was remarkable and he looked primed to become a national level QB .

I never saw him like that either. I saw him potentially as a better RJ Anderson...a guy whose stats would never look all that pretty, but a guy we could win games with. In a different era, with better health, I think Hunt could've been an effective QB that wins a ton of games.

CousCuse said:
They had nothing to gain and everything to lose playing a serious game . They went to the final 8 of the FCS playoffs last year and think they can go all the way this year . They don't need to have key players injured in a scrimmage against a team like Syracuse who would have really taken things to the next level if they were in danger of losing that game .

image-2305196363.jpg

I stated my belief that Colgate puled in their horns , so to speak . Well , here is another statement . UCONN is going to fight like this is Superbowl . Hope we have the ability to match their physicality , because this is a dogfight coming up .

I stated my belief that Colgate puled in their horns , so to speak . Well , here is another statement . UCONN is going to fight like this is Superbowl . Hope we have the ability to match their physicality , because this is a dogfight coming up .

Are you Bob Cousy?

Most of their offense comes from their QB , Melville , without him they are not a contender . Look at the beating John Robertson sustained trying to win that game 3 years ago . Would you rather win against Syracuse or win an FCS championship . I just don't ascribe mush to the score or the outcome of that game . That's all .

You can avoid ascribing too much value without saying crazy people things

No one does that. If you're not playing to win, you lose your players. We were overmatched by Louisville and kept battling, even EVEN risking injury.

Even taking your crazy hypothesis at face value: what would Colgate gain more from? A win over a P5 school or a playoff appearance?

No one does that. If you're not playing to win, you lose your players. We were overmatched by Louisville and kept battling, even EVEN risking injury.

Even taking your crazy hypothesis at face value: what would Colgate gain more from? A win over a P5 school or a playoff appearance?
That's a rhetorical question , right ?

This woodshed beatdown is going to be more impressive when it occurs by the strength of our second string OL.

Like?
Crazy people never think the things they are saying are crazy . Like , we are going to switch staffs and schemes and there we be no setback , and in fact there would be a great leap forward .