Woodshed beatdown coming tomorrow to UCONN | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Woodshed beatdown coming tomorrow to UCONN

Okay? I'm consistently hopeful. Guilty, man.

Let's get back to this idea that Louisville was up 14 in the 4th Q and were playing vanilla D because they were up by so much. I like when you go conspiracy theory, despite facts to the contrary.

You watched the game 3 times, I'm not sure how many times more you need to watch to realize UL wasn't playing that hard for a large portion of the game. You saw their sideline during the game??? They looked like they were hanging out at a picnic where a game of pick up football was going on.

Conspiracy, lol. Seriously. What facts.

Okay? I'm consistently hopeful. Guilty, man.

You are hopeful and that's great. But you also stretch information and facts to suit that hopefulness which can be very annoying at times. We don't know where SU is at right now, we'll find out. I know we will be successful in the future and that's something we agree on.

You watched the game 3 times, I'm not sure how many times more you need to watch to realize UL wasn't playing that hard for a large portion of the game. You saw their sideline during the game??? They looked like they were hanging out at a picnic where a game of pick up football was going on.

Conspiracy, lol. Seriously. What facts.

1. Louisville played their starters until midway into the 4th when they went up 24.

2. They played a vanilla D because that's what the tempo offense forces you to play. Read up.

3. If they were playing vanilla defense because they thought they had the game in the bag up 15, they've not been paying attention to this system for the last 7 years. That seems inconsistent with Petrino's MO.

4. Up 14, with 4:12 to go in the 3rd, Petrino rips his FG kicker for missing. Not exactly a picnic.

You are hopeful and that's great. But you also stretch information and facts to suit that hopefulness which can be very annoying at times. We don't know where SU is at right now, we'll find out. I know we will be successful in the future and that's something we agree on.

For roughly the 18,000th time: how is that any different than coming at the facts from a negative viewpoint? That happens far, far more around here.

UCONN is playing pretty vanilla on D. I think they're saving themselves for an AAC championship run.
We had a chance to put them away, and 2 possessions we got conservative, with a new system have to put teams away. This should have been a blowout, now it will turn into a dogfight.

1. Louisville played their starters until midway into the 4th when they went up 24.

2. They played a vanilla D because that's what the tempo offense forces you to play. Read up.

3. If they were playing vanilla defense because they thought they had the game in the bag up 15, they've not been paying attention to this system for the last 7 years. That seems inconsistent with Petrino's MO.

4. Up 14, with 4:12 to go in the 3rd, Petrino rips his FG kicker for missing. Not exactly a picnic.

Thanks for the literature, now we know, not only do you watch every game multiple times but you've read all the Baylor handbooks too. Fairly generic responses but that's ok.

Thanks for the literature, now we know, not only do you watch every game multiple times but you've read all the Baylor handbooks too. Fairly generic responses but that's ok.

Waiting for an actual rebuttal.

Waiting for an actual rebuttal.

Rebuttal to what? You didn't reply to anything I wrote with anything of substance. Paraphrasing from a bunch of websites about Babers offense isn't a response to anything I wrote.

Nice try though. You get a Rutgers A+ for effort. And a sticker.

Rebuttal to what? You didn't reply to anything I wrote with anything of substance. Paraphrasing from a bunch of websites about Babers offense isn't a response to anything I wrote.

Nice try though. You get a Rutgers A+ for effort. And a sticker.

I didn't paraphrase anything. I wrote what I wrote from watching the game tape. You came at me with an asinine arguement about how Louisville was running a vanilla defense up 14. This system and the tempo dictates that.

If you can't admit that is true of the system - you're the one with the issue.

I didn't paraphrase anything. I wrote what I wrote from watching the game tape. You came at me with an asinine arguement about how Louisville was running a vanilla defense up 14. This system and the tempo dictates that.

If you can't admit that is true of the system - you're the one with the issue.

1 - part of my "argument" was UL wasn't playing that that hard in the middle half of the game. That is a fact which I have proved and is evident from watching their sidelines and players acting like they were playing marco polo at a public pool. It was all fun, games, and then boredom by the end of the 2nd half for their team.
2 - Their defense wasn't vanilla at the start of the game so it doesn't matter if "in theory" the goal of our offense is to force other teams to play a vanilla defense. What you're saying is UL, up by 21 points, was forced to play a vanilla defense because they were scared of our offense :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:. And my argument is asinine?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
3 - Sure the system does dictate that defenses play very base/vanilla defenses because they have to play fast and don't know what is coming at them. However, the UL game is not really the hallmark game of "the system".

1 - part of my "argument" was UL wasn't playing that that hard in the middle half of the game. That is a fact which I have proved and is evident from watching their sidelines and players acting like they were playing marco polo at a public pool. It was all fun, games, and then boredom by the end of the 2nd half for their team.
2 - Their defense wasn't vanilla at the start of the game so it doesn't matter if "in theory" the goal of our offense is to force other teams to play a vanilla defense. What you're saying is UL, up by 21 points, was forced to play a vanilla defense because they were scared of our offense :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:. And my argument is asinine?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
3 - Sure the system does dictate that defenses play very base/vanilla defenses because they have to play fast and don't know what is coming at them. However, the UL game is not really the hallmark game of "the system".

Good grief.

1. Ok. So the players were not worried up 14. I'm not sure how this fits into the narrative of the coaches playing vanilla D. I've witnessed players joking around down 21.

2. They were never up 21. 17 in the 4th? Yep. 23 just a few later? Yep.

I wasn't arguing that they were not vanilla at some point or another, just that one of the goals of this offense is to force them into a vanilla look due to tempo. So if you saw them playing vanilla it was more likely in response to the tempo, not because they were bored or at a house party or something.

3. You're right. We can play better. But that wasn't the point I was making.

The middle part of the game where they were playing vanilla D strangely coincides with the same time our O played the best and outscored them.