Word leaking out that Doug is staying... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Word leaking out that Doug is staying...

New field turf in the Dome?
New football wing / player lounge and lockers at Manley?
New weight room at Manley?
Two brand new field turf practice fields?
Converting Manley into an indoor practice facility?

Yup, SU hasn't done a damn thing for the football program since 1980. Oh Lord

Just to address one of the items in your list - the current field turf was installed in 2005. I'm not sure what its lifespan is but it should be good for at least 10 years. I can't find the cost but I think it was somewhere in the comfortable neighborhood of $1M.

Sort of sad that Boeheim's (and maybe he's right) view/slant focuses on who does not like him or his abilities. He's in the HOF and still some (while maybe "significant", I think it is just a loud minority) he should not be here. I love the quotes by Roy Danforth who basically said that what Boeheim has done is nothing short of a miracle. With that said, it's the nature of some to whine and complain and Jim has probably figured it out and lives with it. Hopefully Marrone will too and understand that these whiners will never go away but they are the minority. I swear that if he won a National Championship, someone would come out and say the game was rigged, or it is tainted because he didn't have any 5 star recruits or the officials gave the game to him or allowing Delone Carter back on the team taints it or the Paulus family pulled strings it or...
One guy would say it was only because he HAD 5 star guys.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Just to address one of the items in your list - the current field turf was installed in 2005. I'm not sure what its lifespan is but it should be good for at least 10 years. I can't find the cost but I think it was somewhere in the comfortable neighborhood of $1M.
The list reflects recently-completed football projects, not ones that need to be done. One time the sarcasm didn't translate, I guess.

Is it a good deal for me as a CNY resident to help a private school build a new stadium that will not provide any tangible benefit to the community at large?

A new stadium or new whatever can only elevate the program's profile. What you choose to donate is a personal choice, but don't act like you know how something will - or will not - benefit everyone else.

Here is the post that was deleted. It had more than 40 responses, so a lot of people did read it. (Before someone shouts at me, I was not the one who deleted it).

"I think its time for Doug to go. I'd dismiss him the second he sets foot back in Manley. The damage has been done IMO. I'd pick the best available of the current staff to be HC and have them try to keep the recruiting class together. Its clear SU will never pony up for a national name as a coach, so give one of the coordinators a shot.

"The timing of this is horrible and I hope DG has a rabbit in his hat, because DM has just ripped out the programs heart."

This would be a brilliant idea. Just imagine interviewing prospective candidates for his replacement, with them knowing the first thought they had about testing the waters, they would be canned. Nice.

Tom Withers of associated press tweeting "my understanding is Marrone is not leaving Cuse".
4000 Views in 2 hours... must be close to a record for this board?

What will the "meltdowners" have to meltdown about now?!?!

They'll melt down about the recruits that don't pick us tonight because of the uncertainty with Marrone... of course, Ebo and Laray may have already chosen another option, but this is something that might be used as an "excuse" as to why they didn't pick SU. It's been said before, but I think SU needs a press release PRONTO if they want to help recruiting later today. It may not matter at this point, but saying nothing also won't help.

The list reflects recently-completed football projects, not ones that need to be done. One time the sarcasm didn't translate, I guess.

Sorry, I wasn't reading closely enough. Working and checking this website at the same time. It could be time for a brief separation from this website. At least for the afternoon.

Then that person is beyond clueless even Marrones biggest detractor Tristy has sat this one out, and that is what one poster out of how many thousands? Far from an epidemic.
Tristy? Is he the same dude that has bashed Boeheim for 40 years for playing zone defense?

LOL, I don't know whats worse, that or nearly finishing a War and Peace length long post and watching it go up in smoke vanishing due to a power surge, mistaken key stroke, change from one net page to another...

been there down that pal, it blows.
LOL. I wrote a drunken magnum opus about 10 years ago and right after hitting POST, the screen came back... with about 100 threads about the sudden Joe Dailey fiasco.

Here is the post that was deleted. It had more than 40 responses, so a lot of people did read it. (Before someone shouts at me, I was not the one who deleted it).

"I think its time for Doug to go. I'd dismiss him the second he sets foot back in Manley. The damage has been done IMO. I'd pick the best available of the current staff to be HC and have them try to keep the recruiting class together. Its clear SU will never pony up for a national name as a coach, so give one of the coordinators a shot.

"The timing of this is horrible and I hope DG has a rabbit in his hat, because DM has just ripped out the programs heart."

i won't shout at you, because it was me. but it was deleted not because someone had an opinion (even if bad), but because it became a huge pissing match. so i nuked the whole thing.

but can i shout at you for nuking a great football post that became political about welfare? :)

find one and link it here. Not one post I read here (and I'm fairly sure I read all of them) asked he be removed. That was in the newspaper. A lot of critical posts, some over the top sure, but not a one asking they fire him that I can recall.

Pretty sure Roscony or Roscoeny, or some iteration absolutely said this. Said how it was hurting recruiting, blah, blah, blah...

earmark it for the indoor practice facility.

I could do that with a specific donation but the underlying issue for me as an investor (donor) is where is the other money going? New ACC TV money, selling out our home games in football to NYC, athletic revenues, etc. If that money is, even partially, going to academics then it would not be right for me to donate to anything. Syracuse University may have a mission geared to academics but my only interest is in athletics. The athletic department must be run like any professional sports organization. If the Chemistry people need new lab equipment find the science guys to support it. We will soon be getting 10 to 16 million a year more in TV money alone, basketball has never been more profitable, football has extra revenue from the Meadowlands game and will see increased attendance. Money is starting to flow in and I want to make sure this money is being used correctly as opposed to the onus being on the fans to support building new facilities.

Technically my support for athletics will remain being a basketball season ticket holder. I might pick up football tickets in the future but any donations I would want geared to starting a baseball program now that we are in the ACC. I would like to see Costas lead the charge in this area as that is his sport and he has invested in other baseball entities including being thought of highly enough to have MLB commissioner whispers. He could kickstart the Syracuse baseball program easily and if I was AD I would be picking his brain constantly.

I'll go against the grain here and though i don't want him to be fired, it is a concern to me that recruiting will be tougher if he does not commit long-term.

New field turf in the Dome?
New football wing / player lounge and lockers at Manley?
New weight room at Manley?
Two brand new field turf practice fields?
Converting Manley into an indoor practice facility?

Yup, SU hasn't done a damn thing for the football program since 1980. Oh Lord
In 1980 we had a brand new indoor stadium and facilities on par with most top D1 schools. Now we are among the worst BCS schools facility wise. Give me a break.

Tom Withers of associated press tweeting "my understanding is Marrone is not leaving Cuse".

Wait a minute! Wait a minute! Hold on just a second!

You don't mean all that hyperventilating that played itself out on this forum was for naught and could have been avoided by just waiting to see what actually happened?

Of course, no one will ever admit they were panicking over nothing or retract any statement they made about "disloyalty" or being a "hypocrite" or misleading the fan base. The guy still is guilty of taking an interview.

This is good news for the percentage of posters who want the guy fired because of the swoon at the end of the 2011 season. Now, after a decent interval, they can start taking pot shots at him.

I'll go against the grain here and though i don't want him to be fired, it is a concern to me that recruiting will be tougher if he does not commit long-term.

Does this mean that coaches who are unlikely ever to have a sniff at an NFL job or a bigger, better college job have an advantage?

In 1980 we had a brand new indoor stadium and facilities on par with most top D1 schools. Now we are among the worst BCS schools facility wise. Give me a break.

And it took us 4 years to upset Nebraska and 7 years to get really good.

So what's the correlation between facilities and big time winning again?

And it took us 4 years to upset Nebraska and 7 years to get really good.

So what's the correlation between facilities and big time winning again?

Your three posts all made sense...Thus they do not belong here! Admins please delete!! (yes I have already used this today, but seemed like it work here as well)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom