Worst coaching performance ive seen in a long time | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Worst coaching performance ive seen in a long time

You get 4 in a half. When’s the last time we didn’t have one to end a game ? You always leave one for end of game situations. Cmon.
It’s funny because in the game thread everyone was applauding the timeouts, easy to coach after the game is over

If it’s a close game late I expect a loss at this point. Look at the results this season. I think the teams getting better, but I can’t take another year of JB with this decision making.
I feel the same way. We have some talent and we should have won this game.
Take out Mintz and put in Torrence, get Brown in and we win this game. No question.
I do not trust Jim to make the right decisions. He makes selfish decisions.

Yeah how’s that look now. Cost the team the game
Exactly, it’s easy to question decisions when you already know the result… at the time they were timeouts called at critical moments when the team needed to chill out.

Its the freakin Zone - very hard to board when playing Zone and very hard to defend the trey line.

OK - JB fanatics, please explain to me the Zone benefits in the modern game. Just because it worked for 40 years, doesnt mean it still works........and it hasnt for the last ten.

The worst part is, JB just wont change as it breaks down in front of his eyes.

If it’s a close game late I expect a loss at this point. Look at the results this season. I think the teams getting better, but I can’t take another year of JB with this decision making.
This is the correct mindset. The players aren’t the issue. We are seeing obvious improvements and player development that is great from the staff.
Coach Boeheim has played a lot of guys and let them improve. The in-game is okay but the lack of changes just kills the team.

We are a top 25 team next year if we can replace Joe and Jesse production.

I’d like to see the numbers the last two years where we lost games while being up big, or up late in the game. Always been something JB was known for, holding on despite people hating stall ball stuff (slide rule).

Cannot handle Miami lately.

I’d like to see the numbers the last two years where we lost games while being up big, or up late in the game. Always been something JB was known for, holding on despite people hating stall ball stuff (slide rule).

Can’t handle Miami because he’s refused to put Torrence in 3 games in a row against them!

The 35 footers certainly helped. Even in man I don’t think you’re guarding those

I’ve defended JB….that was indefensible. Your job is to put kids in position to win. You let an 18 year old have a hissy fit and meltdown in a 1 possession game.

Alpha and Omega...

Probably not a coincidence that we’ve gotten worse in these situations as our talent level has declined. Haven’t had the guy who can consistently handle the ball or make the big shot.

I thought JB did well with his substitutions but I said to my wife "he needs to keep Symir in the game". Miami really took Mintz out of the game, one of the few times this year that's happened. Its the learning process of a freshman. They showed a quick peek of JB interacting with Mintz. He didn't look upset. Tough for Mintz who's used to being the go to guy in this types of game. Just a reminder that he's not ready for the NBA...

I feel the same way. We have some talent and we should have won this game.
Take out Mintz and put in Torrence, get Brown in and we win this game. No question.
I do not trust Jim to make the right decisions. He makes selfish decisions.
I kinda confused by your post. First, what did Benny do wrong tonight? Second, Brown was in at the end of the game.

JB screwed us so hard! Leaving Mintz in and not playing Brown was just inexcusable.
I know he’ll make some stupid excuse that Brown wasn’t ready or we needed shooting to justify this BS.
He can’t blame Mintz either because it was obvious to EVERYONE that he shouldn’t have been in the game!
Brown did nothing tonight.

We were never going to get an at-large bid but that would have been a huge win for our ACCT double bye chances. Way easier to win three games that week than four.

I kinda confused by your post. First, what did Benny do wrong tonight? Second, Brown was in at the end of the game.
Benny didn’t do anything wrong and I’m not advocating taking him out necessarily but you have to get Brown in the game. He was absolutely not in the game at the end.

Brown did nothing tonight.
He played 13 minutes. Still had 2pts 2reb and 2stl. Has active hands and creates turnovers. Always at the right place at the right time. He’s the most productive player on the team. He should play every minute of the game honestly.

JB screwed us so hard! Leaving Mintz in and not playing Brown was just inexcusable.
I know he’ll make some stupid excuse that Brown wasn’t ready or we needed shooting to justify this BS.
He can’t blame Mintz either because it was obvious to EVERYONE that he shouldn’t have been in the game!
Brown wasn't great tonight, so that didn't bother me too much. I thought our last timeout was taken too early, which forced a bunch of freshman to know how to play out a tough minute and a half.

SU had 12 seconds, as I recall-
Was certain Judah would try to find Joe, even without a TO to set it up.
Joe's game to win or lose IMO -even after shooting 1-8 on 3's Joe could have won it with a dagger.
He's the Elder Statesman -love him or hate him he's earned the right to be The Man in that moment.

What does he have against Torrence. What's the point of having an experienced backup if he doesn't play there
Torrence has underperformed this year. On a team that isn’t going to win the ACC or make the tournament, you might as well hope that Mintz will play through his mistakes and learn from them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom