Worst coaching performance ive seen in a long time | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Worst coaching performance ive seen in a long time

You live with the freshman you die with the freshman.

Joe was great.
Jesse was great.
Judah was bad.

We’re not good enough to beat a top 25 team on the road of one is a no show.

If Judah stays these are the type of games that get him better as a sophomore.

To me we clearly the better team. And I haven’t thought that often this year

Benny didn’t do anything wrong and I’m not advocating taking him out necessarily but you have to get Brown in the game. He was absolutely not in the game at the end.
Correct, Benny was subbed back in at the end of the game after Brown once again did nothing. He had 2 rebounds on the game.

Torrence has underperformed this year. On a team that isn’t going to win the ACC or make the tournament, you might as well hope that Mintz will play through his mistakes and learn from them.
Again...assuming he comes back next year...otherwise, we’ve prepared him for the G league next year and proceeded to have another non tourney year

I thought it was after the turnover on the wild pass that put them up 71-70 my bad
Tha three gave us momentum. Play out the next possession and then take the timeout.

Correct, Benny was subbed back in at the end of the game after Brown once again did nothing. He had 2 rebounds on the game.
Mintz and Bell were crap but still played. Brown has been playing very well and should have had way more minutes. It was a poorly coached game in my opinion.

Torrence has underperformed this year. On a team that isn’t going to win the ACC or make the tournament, you might as well hope that Mintz will play through his mistakes and learn from them.
Mintz was a basketcase at the end. Do you know how bad it must be for me to frantically mutter get it to Joe over and over

Get it to Joe? I said that? Out loud?

Mintz was a basketcase at the end. Do you know how bad it must be for me to frantically mutter get it to Joe over and over

Same.

the second Judah started dribbling forward, it was 99 percent chance he was going to end up on the ground.

And this isn’t a ”Judah stinks and is selfish player” take.

it’s a “Judah stinks tonight vs Miami and doesn’t have the self awareness yet to realize it” take

Again...assuming he comes back next year...otherwise, we’ve prepared him for the G league next year and proceeded to have another non tourney year
And that among other things is why I can’t get overly enthused about college bball anymore.
But the experience could help him this year too, say for a conference tournament run.

Mintz and Bell were crap but still played. Brown has been playing very well and should have had way more minutes. It was a poorly coached game in my opinion.
I respect your opinion, but what did Brown do very well tonight? I like him a lot. I'm not sure he did anything average tonight considering how he's played recently (2 boards in 13min is not cutting it against an undersized team). Benny was a threat to score tonight and did and also contributed 5 boards. He also played decent defense until late and that got him pulled.

I respect your opinion, but what did Brown do very well tonight? I like him a lot. I'm not sure he did anything average tonight considering how he's played recently (2 boards in 13min is not cutting it against an undersized team). Benny was a threat to score tonight and did and also contributed 5 boards. He also played decent defense until late and that got him pulled.
Brown was not that great tonight but I think he is a guy you have to play. He is a lunch pail guy. He clocks in a goes to work. He has great hands to create steals. He is always in great position to rebound or defend.
I just think you have to have him in the game.
Boeheim was complaining about our rebounding at the presser…hello? Brown is one of our best rebounders.
He says Judah had an off night but still played him all game. Bell couldn’t do anything but still played 20min. Makes zero sense to me.

You can see the vision for Syracuse basketball being really good next season if we can get Jesse to come back but you can't trust the coach to get the most out of the team
That’s true, but the vision is not gonna match reality, most of these guys will be gone next year, and they will be doing it all over again, trying to find some semblance of a team, losing to the Colgate and Bryants of the world.

Welcome to the modern day version of college sports, suckamundo

I couldn't believe it when he put Judah back in. The kid was shot. Miami was in his head and he was a hot mess. I seriously couldn't believe he was bringing him back in. I knew he was going to lose the game at that point. I have no idea what Jim was thinking.

You can see the vision for Syracuse basketball being really good next season if we can get Jesse to come back but you can't trust the coach to get the most out of the team
Why would you come back? They get taken out and then blessed out for one mistake. This is causing players to constantly look over the shoulder trying not to make a mistake which makes players think too much and play tense (Benny). Who wants to play for a coach like that?

You can argue JB should have played Mintz less and Brown more. And you would be right.

Still, he left Mintz in against ND and it worked.

You can make a good decision and lose. You can make a bad decision and win.

Sometimes a decision is just a decision.

Why would you come back? They get taken out and then blessed out for one mistake. This is causing players to constantly look over the shoulder trying not to make a mistake which makes players think too much and play tense (Benny). Who wants to play for a coach like that?
Jesse doesn’t get taken out.

If the NIL is right, he should consider coming back depending on what the NBA situation looks like.

All the freshmen should come back too.

Not really concerned about anyone else.

This teams only chance of getting to the NCAA tournament is to win the ACC Tournament , why not let Judah learn during regular season games?
I have no problem with letting the kid learn what not to do.

I couldn't believe it when he put Judah back in. The kid was shot. Miami was in his head and he was a hot mess. I seriously couldn't believe he was bringing him back in. I knew he was going to lose the game at that point. I have no idea what Jim was thinking.
Boeheim isn't the greatest at getting control of emotional guards. Jason Hart games come to mind where it was clear he was literally out of control of his own body

A bit off topic...
But in the post game presser, Donna began to pose a question to JB
about Judah and he just shut her down...I've said all I'm going to about Judah.
Donna knows the game...knows the program.
That was just pure chickensh-t.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom