Worst loss in JB era? | Syracusefan.com

Worst loss in JB era?

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
He’s never lost to Colgate. I can’t think of a worse loss under JB. Sure, we’ve had a few bad losses. Cleveland St at the buzzer. But this one seems like the worst because we got completely drilled by a team that we’ve feasted on since for the past 6 decades.

Purely in terms of spread I have to assume there are a fair amount worse than 10.5.

That being said when its a 54 game win streak against a regional "rival" its more painful, and moves up the list quickly.

Going back to 2016 - the loss to a terrible St. John's team by 30+ has to be up there.

He’s never lost to Colgate. I can’t think of a worse loss under JB. Sure, we’ve had a few bad losses. Cleveland St at the buzzer. But this one seems like the worst because we got completely drilled by a team that we’ve feasted on since for the past 6 decades.
There have been a lot worse to teams worse than what Colgate is. back in '82 or 83, , we got beat by Fordham.

Vermont, Richmond are 1,000x worse. I put this closer to the Lemoyne debacle.
Worst loss, as in worst loss to a team we were expected to beat and by a semi-blowout level

UVM and Richmond, while bad losses, were NCAA teams. And they weren’t blowouts. They definitely hurt a lot worse.

LeMoyne was an exhibition. Bad, but doesn’t officially count.

Was this the longest winning streak in sports?

You guys have no idea how good that Vermont team truly was. Yes the Su team was better but watching Vermont that year while I was at Binghamton was insane. They dominated. This loss is way worse especially considering the game WAS 17-2

That might be the most inept display of defense I have seen in the JB era.
We have been upset in much bigger games but usually because we didn't score or shoot well. We didn't guard Colgate the last 30 minutes of the game. Literally it was just a fest of wide open shots. And when they missed they beat us to the rebounds.

You guys have no idea how good that Vermont team truly was. Yes the Su team was better but watching Vermont that year while I was at Binghamton was insane. They dominated. This loss is way worse especially considering the game WAS 17-2

I thought you were in high school now. Thought 04 was your birth year.

That was a really good Syracuse team that was finally playing to its potential. That Vermont game was so depressing.

Worse thing to happen to us in this game was jumping out 17-2. I actually thought, and I have been worried about this game for a while, that I was glad i didn't go. It's not going to be as tough as I thought it would be, Now, truth be told, I never thought that we would lose the game. Just that it would be a tough game. Sort of like the way they actually won the game tough.

In JB coaching era, where does this one rank in worst all time Upset defeats? This one has gotta be top 3. Also is that 3 upstate NY losses in 4 years? Shocking.

I think I just saw this exact thread recently.
Could be wrong!

I brought up the Fordham game back in the early 80's. and that was a not so good Fordham team. I actually rented a motel room to get the cable to watch that game. I think the Ohio loss in the Carrier classic a few years ago was pretty bad.

Worse thing to happen to us in this game was jumping out 17-2. I actually thought, and I have been worried about this game for a while, that I was glad i didn't go. It's not going to be as tough as I thought it would be, Now, truth be told, I never thought that we would lose the game. Just that it would be a tough game. Sort of like the way they actually won the game tough.
We may need to check on GoSU96

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom