Worst loss in JB era? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Worst loss in JB era?

It does look like it was the longest active winning streak of single matchup in college basketball

Congrats to this version of SU basketball. They made history
And for the 4 major sports and cfb I assume.

Awesome

To much hype with this team, way to many weaknesses, its a bubble team, thats the reality.
Bubble may be generous. We don’t have the athleticism to compete vs high major programs this year. I think we’re headed for a losing season. We’re not going to all of a sudden get more athletic to the point that we can guard and rebound against better athletes. Heck, we can’t even do it vs “less” athletic teams

bingo. How could we all forget that game. brutal. And B.C. really sucked.

It was more throwback uniforms. Except that time with the blue pants for no reason.

Bubble may be generous. We don’t have the athleticism to compete vs high major programs this year. I think we’re headed for a losing season. We’re not going to all of a sudden get more athletic to the point that we can guard and rebound against better athletes. Heck, we can’t even do it vs “less” athletic teams
We won't have a losing season.

I didn't go see the IMG Mt Herman game in New Haven to stay home and watch these two games. Sad. I also thought we should have gone to Buddy more when it started to slip away. Jimmy and Symir shooting 3's were not the way to go.
Buddy completely disappeared. It was odd.

This wasn't a fluke. This SU team is just not that good, at least at this point in the season. The fact that we were down 3 at the half, and that was the closest the game ever was after that speaks for itself. Additionally, we were completely EXPOSED on D, as was the fear going into this season with our incredible lack of any semblance of athleticism, let alone for a P5 program.

No doubt Buddy is a good player, but the fact that he is our STAR player also speaks for itself in how far SU has fallen in talent level. When recruited here, he was supposed to be a complimentary guy, someone that could contribute in certain situations, etc. If he was elite, etc., he should of been able to carry this team against the likes of Colgate. But, he didn't. Again, not a knock on Buddy, just a knock on the the current state of the talent level we have.

Consistent middle of the pack/middling program, which, we will most likely remain again this year in our conference. Being on the bubble will also remain our status quo. But hey, come March, we could win a whopping 2 games in the Dance if we are so fortunate to get in...so all's good in the world in relation to SU's hoops.

I'll agree with Dasher. This team will stay have a winning season.

We have had bad losses before in this "bubble" era or bad streaks and yet always find a way to get to the bubble line.

For the same reason I was hesitant to move us up this year, I am very hesitant to say we have no chance for the tournament. We always find a way to make it close -- until proved otherwise I will continue to believe that.

EDIT - The above being said I will revel in negativity tonight and claim we are much worse.

This wasn't a fluke. This SU team is just not that good, at least at this point in the season. The fact that we were down 3 at the half, and that was the closest the game ever was after that speaks for itself. Additionally, we were completely EXPOSED on D, as was the fear going into this season with our incredible lack of any semblance of athleticism, let alone for a P5 program.

No doubt Buddy is a good player, but the fact that he is our STAR player also speaks for itself in how far SU has fallen in talent level. When recruited here, he was supposed to be a complimentary guy, someone that could contribute in certain situations, etc. If he was elite, etc., he should of been able to carry this team against the likes of Colgate. But, he didn't. Again, not a knock on Buddy, just a knock on the the current state of the talent level we have.

Consistent middle of the pack/middling program, which, we will most likely remain again this year in our conference. Being on the bubble will also remain our status quo. But hey, come March, we could win a whopping 2 games in the Dance if we are so fortunate to get in...so all's good in the world in relation to SU's hoops.
Not really a fair statement via Buddy. He scored 19 and really should have got the ball more. 2. Colgate isn't as bad as you think they are.

he plays better with a guy on the floor who can create his own shot. we simply don’t have that on this team

the hope that they won’t double him because ”spacing” didn’t happen today...vs Colgate. Not a good sign.
I’ve been saying this all off season.

They played tight defense on him.
No they really didn't. Virginia played tight defense on him and he lit them up. We went away from him. When he got the ball and went to the foul line, he scored. We stopped doing that. We had some, and I'll be kind, ill advised shots when we needed to make one. guys need to know their roles and where they fit in. Today, they didn't.

We lost to Old Dominion 3 years ago and they were terrible. We scored 59 Points. That Old Dominion team had a worse KenPom than Colgate. We lost to Pittsburgh last year and they had a worse Kenpom rating than Colgate. That’s just in the last 3 years.

Not really a fair statement via Buddy. He scored 19 and really should have got the ball more. 2. Colgate isn't as bad as you think they are.

What's not fair? I said he's a good player, but that he shouldn't be THE GUY, STAR type player for a program the stature of Syracuse University. He didn't get the ball more because he was unable to shake his defender with any consistency, get open looks, etc. I didn't say Colgate was bad, but the fact is that they were 2-2 going into this game, with W's against the powers of Northeastern and SUNY Poly and losses against juggernauts NCST and Cornell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom