Worst loss in JB era? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Worst loss in JB era?

This wasn't a fluke. This SU team is just not that good, at least at this point in the season. The fact that we were down 3 at the half, and that was the closest the game ever was after that speaks for itself. Additionally, we were completely EXPOSED on D, as was the fear going into this season with our incredible lack of any semblance of athleticism, let alone for a P5 program.

No doubt Buddy is a good player, but the fact that he is our STAR player also speaks for itself in how far SU has fallen in talent level. When recruited here, he was supposed to be a complimentary guy, someone that could contribute in certain situations, etc. If he was elite, etc., he should of been able to carry this team against the likes of Colgate. But, he didn't. Again, not a knock on Buddy, just a knock on the the current state of the talent level we have.

Consistent middle of the pack/middling program, which, we will most likely remain again this year in our conference. Being on the bubble will also remain our status quo. But hey, come March, we could win a whopping 2 games in the Dance if we are so fortunate to get in...so all's good in the world in relation to SU's hoops.
Overreaction.

What's not fair? I said he's a good player, but that he shouldn't be THE GUY, STAR type player for a program the stature of Syracuse University. He didn't get the ball more because he was unable to shake his defender with any consistency, get open looks, etc. I didn't say Colgate was bad, but the fact is that they were 2-2 going into this game, with W's against the powers of Northeastern and SUNY Poly and losses against juggernauts NCST and Cornell.
I think Buddy is a star. His performance at the end of last year said that to me. But with any loss, it will be that Buddy didn't do enough.

We lost to Old Dominion 3 years ago and they were terrible. We scored 59 Points. That Old Dominion team had a worse KenPom than Colgate. We lost to Pittsburgh last year and they had a worse Kenpom rating than Colgate. That’s just in the last 3 years.
That ODU game was terrible. And we were already reeling at that point in the season.

Bubble may be generous. We don’t have the athleticism to compete vs high major programs this year. I think we’re headed for a losing season. We’re not going to all of a sudden get more athletic to the point that we can guard and rebound against better athletes. Heck, we can’t even do it vs “less” athletic teams

Game 3 bubble hopes... Glorious.

The program and us fans should be embarrassed tonight. That's reality. We want to be a top 25 team and this program has struggled to get us there on an annual basis for the past 5-10 yrs. We use to be a program who could compete year in and out during the regular season. Top 25 week in and week out. Now we just hope to squeak in every year and hopefully make a run. We need Moreland deserve more

The program and us fans should be embarrassed tonight. That's reality. We want to be a top 25 team and this program has struggled to get us there on an annual basis for the past 5-10 yrs. We use to be a program who could compete year in and out during the regular season. Top 25 week in and week out. Now we just hope to squeak in every year and hopefully make a run. We need Moreland deserve more
1637455872260.png

Perhaps. We'll see how the year plays out...though I think the issue we observed today will be a year long predicament.
There’s no plan B.

We can’t go more Dole at Center or put in a better defender at point guard or play Jesse more if he’s playing well or press when behind, etc.

We have to make shots and hope the other team doesn’t figure out the zone and can’t rebound. That’s the plan. We can win games though, no idea how many

For hoop or for football. Just last week he was saying we were the best team in the league in football. he might be taking that loss harder.
Both. But especially considering the early post in bball game thread.

Why do we deserve more? I want more. Sure. I want our football team to be better as well. But the deserve part has me confused.

Let’s face it, bubble has pretty much been the high water mark for almost the past decade. We’ve been lucky enough to just get in most years, and then managed to put together some deep runs.

I’m not sure we can expect that this year.
What year did we expect it? It has always been a surprise when we made those runs. No one here expected us to beat Mich st that year. Or Virginia the other year. I think we might have thought we would beat West Virginia last year because we always seem to beat them. I have confidence that Jb will put together a team that will be competitive. You don't. Time will tell.

We went from clearing out and him hitting short jumpers to never giving him the ball.
I kept waiting for Buddy to save the day. It seemed in the last 7 minutes he wasn’t even going for the 3’s. And we needed someone besides Joe (who had an awesome game!) to hit 3’s.

I haven’t read the stats yet but it seemed like Colgate hit 20 3’s tonight.

I don’t feel that downhearted about the game. Maybe I’m coming down with Covid or something.

What year did we expect it? It has always been a surprise when we made those runs. No one here expected us to beat Mich st that year. Or Virginia the other year. I think we might have thought we would beat West Virginia last year because we always seem to beat them. I have confidence that Jb will put together a team that will be competitive. You don't. Time will tell.
My expectations of Syracuse basketball is 25+ wins, top 20 ranking throughout the year, and a top 4 seed in the tournament. From there I expect to put together occasional deep runs and a final four every once in a while.

While JB has managed to accomplish the occasional deep run and final fours, he’s somehow struggled with the first two. I don’t like struggling in the regular season with the hopes that we’re on the good side of the bubble. It’s mediocre basketball. I expect more

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom