Bryce Cohoon in the portal | Syracusefan.com

Bryce Cohoon in the portal

I wish him the best. Nice young man with a lot of potential. With Brown leaving, we are down to starters (Haynes and Gill), Meeks (when he returns) and Hatcher. Then in July Ross, Hornsby and Thomas arrive. Seems like there is an opportunity for him to stay, develop and get some snaps as a third line option ... but apparently he wants something more immediate. Understandable.

I wish him the best. Nice young man with a lot of potential. With Brown leaving, we are down to starters (Haynes and Gill), Meeks (when he returns) and Hatcher. Then in July Ross, Hornsby and Thomas arrive. Seems like there is an opportunity for him to stay, develop and get some snaps ... but apparently he wants something more immediate. Understandable.
Peña

Crazy to say but WR I feel good about. Meeks, OG, Pena, Haynes, Gill, and Hatcher. Plus bringing in three highly-regarded guys in Tremble, Hornsby, and Ross.
Yep, don’t need to carry more than 10

Rumored and I didn't see him at the spring game - not a good sign. But maybe someone has better information in the absence of an announcement.
Coach said he wasn't currently with the team. But, it didn't sound like he was leaving.

I wish him the best. Nice young man with a lot of potential. With Brown leaving, we are down to starters (Haynes and Gill), Meeks (when he returns) and Hatcher. Then in July Ross, Hornsby and Thomas arrive. Seems like there is an opportunity for him to stay, develop and get some snaps as a third line option ... but apparently he wants something more immediate. Understandable.

Pena, too, who got rave reviews from spring practice and really looked good the other day.

Between Haynes and Pena, that's a solid pair [along with Gadsden, who is a TE but really a WR]. Might also have a shot at the Colorado State transfer target.

I think we'll be ok.

Realistically from this point forward, every transfer defection will be someone that the fans liked or liked the potential of. There's not a lot of 'fat' to be trimmed on the current roster, so decisions will have to be made in areas the staff thinks they can upgrade.

Realistically from this point forward, every transfer defection will be someone that the fans liked or liked the potential of. There's not a lot of 'fat' to be trimmed on the current roster, so decisions will have to be made in areas the staff thinks they can upgrade.
I think liking potential is also relative - Cohoon’s potential was relative to where we were, not where we’re going.

I liked Cohoon’s potential because his speed profile and his film as a WR was superior to what we had been recruiting, but at the end of the day he was still a recruit from Kansas that neither Kansas nor Kansas St offered. Neither of them are world beater programs that shun in state talent.

Bryce seems like a terrific kid who by all accounts worked hard and had talent.

In the spring game, he just seemed overmatched by the level of talent surrounding him.

The talent level on the team is rising quickly and there are going to be some players who are not good enough to be a factor in the future.

I hope Bryce finds a school that is a good fit for his skills, gets a lot of playing time and becomes a major contributor to his new team.

Best of luck to him. And Tyler and anyone else that ends up leaving in search of a better fit.

I think liking potential is also relative - Cohoon’s potential was relative to where we were, not where we’re going.

I liked Cohoon’s potential because his speed profile and his film as a WR was superior to what we had been recruiting, but at the end of the day he was still a recruit from Kansas that neither Kansas nor Kansas St offered. Neither of them are world beater programs that shun in state talent.
I liked Cahoon's measurables as far as speed and height. I wasn't all that impressed with his WR skills from his highlights. Looked a little like bit more like an athlete who played football than a WR who happened to be very fast and athletic.

With the WR’s we have coming in this doesn't surprise me. But I wish him well.

If Brown is gone that hurts a bit in regards to depth at the shifty slot receiver roll. If Pena goes down we are down to freshman Ja'Meer Thomas and maybe Malachi James. But then again I guess I could see one of those picking up things fast and producing. They both appear to be explosive but can they quickly learn the playbook and be consistent? Hopefully Pena can stay healthy and we don't have to deal with depth there too much.

Damn. I never even got to use this.

Cocoon.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom