Class of 2018 - WR D'Marcus Adams (FL) Transferring from FAU to SYRACUSE | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 WR D'Marcus Adams (FL) Transferring from FAU to SYRACUSE

Offers from UCF, Toledo, App St, Tulane, Southern Miss, FAU, Marshall, Georgia Southern, PSU, UNC, Syracuse

kid just got a Crystal Ball to SU, transfer from FAU.
SU WR coach Michael Johnson was a coach on the FAU staff for a while in 2021. Was their co-OC.

I would expect he knows this player and has an existing relationship with him. Believe his son is a QB on FAU right now as well.

Was a US Army All American in HS and originally enrolled at Florida State. Had the 5th fastest time for the 110 HH as a senior in HS. Might compete for SU in hurdles. This is one of SU's best events.

SU WR coach Michael Johnson was a coach on the FAU staff for a while in 2021. Was their co-OC.

I would expect he knows this player and has an existing relationship with him. Believe his son is a QB on FAU right now as well.

Was a US Army All American in HS and originally enrolled at Florida State. Had the 5th fastest time for the 110 HH as a senior in HS. Might compete for SU in hurdles. This is one of SU's best events.

nice background Tomcat, I completely forgot that Johnson was on staff for a while there last year. I wonder if any of our WRs are leaving and it just has not been made public yet.

We have two spots without anyone transferring out.
yes, but we have a plethora of WRs on the roster and we have a good shot at the Juco OL that just visited, so that kid and this kid would take the two spots, and we still are likely looking for DL help. Of course a WR doesn't have to be leaving, it could always be other positions, but was just wondering out loud, like I often do when I am not having a conversation with myself.

he has a ton of speed, WR and special teams. we don't have elite speed at WR in general, so I think he is worth it

He'll be a redshirt junior and he's caught 3 passes in his career. We have a glut of wr's. Adding his speed doesn't really help us if he doesn't get on the field. Maybe he's just our new kick returner. idk.

I'd rather we gamble on a DT and not a 2nd portal WR who maybe doesn't contribute at the position. just my opinion.

yes, but we have a plethora of WRs on the roster and we have a good shot at the Juco OL that just visited, so that kid and this kid would take the two spots, and we still are likely looking for DL help. Of course a WR doesn't have to be leaving, it could always be other positions, but was just wondering out loud, like I often do when I am not having a conversation with myself.
There are always ways around the numbers.

He'll be a redshirt junior and he's caught 3 passes in his career. We have a glut of wr's. Adding his speed doesn't really help us if he doesn't get on the field. Maybe he's just our new kick returner. idk.

I'd rather we gamble on a DT and not a 2nd portal WR who maybe doesn't contribute at the position. just my opinion.
I am sure DT is still on the table, whether this kid joins the team or not

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom