Class of 2020 - WR Kentron Poitier (FL) Committed to FSU | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 WR Kentron Poitier (FL) Committed to FSU

Wait is everyone just assuming because Wiltfong put in 50 crystal ball guesses today? He could absolutely pick FSU but I don't think Wiltfong (or any of the lemmings that followed him) know for sure.

Wait is everyone just assuming because Wiltfong put in 50 crystal ball guesses today? He could absolutely pick FSU but I don't think Wiltfong (or any of the lemmings that followed him) know for sure.
That is precisely what everyone’s doing. I still think we have a good shot, we’ve been in this much longer than FSU.

smash those stupid crystal balls and pick Cuse. Can’t seem to find a live feed anywhere oh well

Looks like there's a document with an FSU logo

2019-12-18_9-16-09.jpg

People underestimate the jump from HS to div1 football, then overvalue highlights reel video thinking that equates directly to performance in college.
not to mention offers. people on here think kids with big name offers should immediately be named starter.

Just crazy to think FSU put him on the back burner and 24 hours of attention does it for him. The nature of the recruiting beast. And from what I have read from current FSU commits, Norvell is as high energy and positive as anybody and they are totally buying in

People are saying there's no reason for a UF hat to be on the table as they never sent him a LoI. He's trolling them.

Just crazy to think FSU put him on the back burner and 24 hours of attention does it for him. The nature of the recruiting beast. And from what I have read from current FSU commits, Norvell is as high energy and positive as anybody and they are totally buying in
It will be interesting to compare Norvell first recruiting class to other 1st year coaches at new schools

Looks like there's a document with an FSU logo

View attachment 174237

Looks to me like he has the paperwork for all three schools. The FSU logo just isn't covered up like the Syracuse one presumably is.

Not saying he's choosing us or anything; I do expect FSU at this point but I don't think the paperwork is a hint at all.

FSU. I mean wow. FSU all day site even mentioned how surprising this is considering “SU has been favorites far and away since June” ... Alford is good pickup but SU doesn’t win these high profile “battles” very often. This could have been an insane WR class.

The pressure for these kids to go to a Big3 school when given the chance is immense. It's everyone around them in their ear. A friend of mine who grew up in the hood and played football at Pompano Beach (and somehow got out - great story by the way) said the pressure is unreal. That's why it was honestly quite amazing Cornelius Nunn signed with us last year.

This one reminds me of Josh Palmer who flipped to Tennessee and withered on a vine. He's a starter and his numbers would place him 5th on our current team.

If we feel it's necessary to sign another WR the two big time transfers are still available. Justin Shorter and Tariq Black.

Last edited:
If I was a recruit I would probably would have went to the school that doesn't have a brand new coaching staff. I would tend to go with the coach that has been there and know his team better and has a real feel of where I would fit on the team rather than a coach who is trying to pull a class together last minute and still has to figure everything else out.

If I was a recruit I would probably would have went to the school that doesn't have a brand new coaching staff. I would tend to go with the coach that has been there and know his team better and has a real feel of where I would fit on the team rather than a coach who is trying to pull a class together last minute and still has to figure everything else out.
Counterpoint - coaching staffs get fired all the time. The longer the staff is in one place, the closer they are to their inevitable firing.

The safer choice is to sign with a brand new staff that has more runway, and also isn't beholden to the talent brought in under the other staff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom