You never know who you are going to meet in the Mountains | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

You never know who you are going to meet in the Mountains

if you want to blame BB's less than stellar 3 point accuracy on double teams then the answer is simple. when you're doubled pass the damn ball. don't lead the league in forced shots for the second straight season. big difference between accuracy and volume stats. the first implies that you make it while the second simply implies that you take it. buddy was not a great three point shooter this season. his % tells you that. 4th on his own team and 50th in the ACC. he just happened to take a lot more than anybody else. Buddy Bricks.
Buddy black hole.

The team was 15th in scoring efficiency. Don't like that stop you and TBZ from carrying out your anti-Boeheim crusade.
I am not anti Buddy, however he took too many shots too early in the clock, rarely passed to open team members, and played uninspired defense. He would be a much better player if he worked harder and shot a little less.

Holy crap, this team wasn't good. It isn't about one player. These players didn't compliment eachother at all. One can list stats all day long, but trust your eyes. You can't stack a team with guys that can shoot but cannot move well enough to keep the other team from scoring. Hopefully next year the blinders come off the coach and he puts together a good team that has a chance to win.

I guess you don't think Edwards is a huge force on the court. You and most of the people that post here have one point, Boeheim must go.
I don't think Boeheim must go, but Boeheim must adapt. He needs to recruit aggressively and play a different style. Is he capable? I hope the answer is yes.

I guess you don't think Edwards is a huge force on the court. You and most of the people that post here have one point, Boeheim must go.

I'm glad to hear you are now convinced as well... progress.

Onward and upward...

Obviously. What i was told was that the family wanted Joe to go away to school. To experience a new environment. Joe being a homebody wanted to stay close to home.
This wasnt an SU or BC or other school decision.

It was a stay home vs go away decision.
We would have been screwed if Joe found out Skidmore had a basketball team.

Doesn’t surprise me…Joe’s demeanor a couple of times on the court was indicative of someone not happy.

I can read between the lines of the rest.
But be clear, Buddy was the best 2G on the team.

And I’ll never go to dinner with you..

Buddy was the best SG on the team - and Symir is the best PG on the team - both by leaps and bounds

I coached a team of ten year olds this year when the real coach couldn't do it anymore. I banned switching. Told them, yeah switching would be good but you all use it as an excuse to never move your feet so we aren't gonna switch

I am retired now, thankfully
Wow so they do preach and enforce fundamentals in other places. My 9 year olds hoop league in Geddes lets everyone travel and double dribble… bans any kind of help defense… only permits defense inside the 3 point arc… and doesn’t keep score to not offend the kids or parents.

I’m surprised my kids didn’t disown me because they were the only ones instinctively playing within the normal rules.

Never again Geddes. The town should be ashamed. There should be more options next year…

Last edited:
Wow so they do preach and enforce fundamentals in other places. My 9 year olds hoop league in Geddes lets everyone travel and double dribble… bans any kind of help defense… only permits defense inside the 3 point arc… and doesn’t keep score to not offend the kids or parents.

I’m surprised my kids didn’t disown me because they were the only ones instinctively playing within the normal rules.

Never again Geddes. The town should be ashamed. There should be more options next year…
League my grandkids play, the parents/kids are allowed to request a specific Coach/team.
Most advanced kids did that.
Therefore 2/3 of games were 30 point blowouts that did nothing for the advanced kids or the learning kids.

League my grandkids play, the parents/kids are allowed to request a specific Coach/team.
Most advanced kids did that.
Therefore 2/3 of games were 30 point blowouts that did nothing for the advanced kids or the learning kids.
Half the teams didn’t have coaches in our league. There was no coaching anyway. The town should be embarrassed. I just wasn’t sure if it was a Geddes failure or if this deterioration is happening everywhere.

kcsu’s got binders full of girard women
don't recall a guard driving so many times under the basket on the baseline and not shooting. joe was always loop under around and kick out. always seemed odd to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom