your first su home game | Syracusefan.com

your first su home game

SU vs Maryland Sep 28, 1968

We won 32-14 after dropping a close season opener at Mich St 10-14 the week before.

SU vs West Virginia (Major Harris). Thanksgiving night, 1989. Sat in the only bad seats in the Dome, last row of the middle deck in the end zone.

1983 West Virginia Cuse win 27-16
also our first Lax national championship year!

1992 game vs. Texas - freshman year on the hill. I had been to several basketball games, but that was my first football experience. Was sitting in the front row in the end zone where the railing collapsed and we almost killed Marvin Graves.

I had been to a few games here and there in the late 1980s when I was very young, but the first game that I was old enough to be emotionally invested in was 1992 Miami when I was 10. I just remember being DEVASTATED.

9/4/93 vs Ball State

First game as a student as well.

Man talk about unbelievably high expectations. Preseason #6 and what we thought was a legitimate national title contender.

Syracuse 31 Texas 21 Quadry diving right at me to catch a ball at the one.

(I was at the opposite endzone as the railing incident)

It was v. Maryland and I think it was 1976. I don't recall much about the game except SU lost and sitting on uncomfortable old and damaged concrete "seats".

I think my first game was the 1997 Temple game that we won something like 60-7. I was only 11 or so at the time, but I think that was the first one.

I emailed my dad to see if there was any before that.

1984 - Cuse V Nebraska. I was 14 yrs old. Was out raking leaves when I got the call from a friend his family had an extra ticket. The rest was history.
Wow...could not be a better first game. I took my nephew to that game...I think it was his first SU football game.

October 30th, 1993. West Virginia - 43 Syracuse - 0. My hate for the Mountaineers began that day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom