your first su home game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

your first su home game

I remember Margin to Margin. Don't remember individual games but that put me at about 6-8 years old.

first one I remember....though sure it wasn't the first one as that had to be somewhere in the early 70's. Anyway, first I recall was Nov. 1976 against Pitt with Tony Dorsett running wild on us on a horrible day. Love the dome.

Sept 24, 1977 Syracuse 22 Washington 20

QB's were Bill Hurley for Syracuse (one of my fav SU players of all time) and Warren Moon for Washington. I was young at the time. Not sure if Moon had a lot of notoriety coming into the game. Dave Jacobs won it with a late field goal.

Season opener vs. Vanderbilt, 9/7/91. Only a paltry 36K were in the Dome that day.

My second home game was distinctly more memorable... Homecoming vs. Florida, 9/21/91. My ears are still ringing from the noise in the Dome when we took the opening kickoff to the house.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_Syracuse_Orangemen_football_team

These were my first two as well...2-0 against the SEC and then we lose to ECU. Great season overall though ending in a win over OSU in the Hall of Fame Bowl on New Year's Day.

1969 v. Penn State. We were up by 13 in the fourth quarter, only to lose by one point. Some guy named Franco Harris, as well as the officials, killed us in the final stanza. PSU came with in one, then failed on the two point conversion. But we were called for defensive holding, and they made the deuce to win 15-14.

su vs navy nov 11 1978

last game at archbold -

9/22/73

Syracuse 8 Michigan State 14

I also still have the stub.

If my memory serves me correctly, we led either 8-7 or 8-6 and they scored a late TD to win the game...

My first two games were 2008's Akron and Penn State disasters. Frankly, it's a miracle I'm here.

Ugh, good God. That's like getting an STD during each of your first two sexual experiences. Those games were awful.

At least the basketball team's resurgence started your freshman year.

September 20, 1980
The sweat box that was the Dome opener.

Syracuse 36 - 24 Miami (Ohio)
Joe Morris with a 94-yd kick off return.

September 20, 1980
The sweat box that was the Dome opener.

Syracuse 36 - 24 Miami (Ohio)
Joe Morris with a 94-yd kick off return.

Still remember that game for this moment:

Beer guy came around with a full tray of beer.
My friend Boz beckoned him over.
Vendor: How many?
Boz: The whole tray.
Vendor: Really?
Boz: Yes.
Vendor: OK.

And that was the first half. Guy came around in the second half and sold him another.

9/11/76. We lost to Bowling Green. Bowling Green...

That I remember? Went with my grandpa (still call him Pop Pop). We beat up on Rutgers.

I know I went to some before that in the Coach Mac days, but I don't remember them at all. Oddly though, I do remember going to hoops games when DC was playing.

9/22/73

Syracuse 8 Michigan State 14

I also still have the stub.

If my memory serves me correctly, we led either 8-7 or 8-6 and they scored a late TD to win the game...

If that game was one day later, my dad would have missed me being born.

He was bolder than me, and I'm sure has rolled over in his grave about 5,000 times over that Wife/3:30 lunch thread.

Same.

Came back from Geneseo for the home opener when the Dome opened.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

1984 - Cuse V Nebraska. I was 14 yrs old. Was out raking leaves when I got the call from a friend his family had an extra ticket. The rest was history.
Same for me.

After the '08 Akron game I gave my seasons away the rest of the year. Still watched every game miserably from home. Have never been lower on the program. I was still defending Robinson until the end of '07, and didn't turn on him until Akron. He got burned on the outside all day by a terrible team. For Christ's sake go Cover 2 or 3 and put a safety over the top of your outmanned CB's. It wasn't that difficult. I think it ended at what? 42-28?

Literally my worst day as a Syracuse fan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom