your first su home game | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

your first su home game

I was a real young kid and pain in the ass for my alum mom but my first game was in September 1991? or 1992 vs Ohio State. I remember #7 for Ohio State(Joey Galloway I think) burning us for a long TD and I annoyed the crap out of my mom.

9/11/76 SU gets steamrolled 22-7 by Bowling Green and it was not that close
Art Monk has 2 catches

Also remember 10/9/76 vs Tulane played in torrential downpour
Neither team could do anything in the slop
SU wins 3-0 on last minute FG
I have never been wetter

OO44

9/11/76 SU gets steamrolled 22-7 by Bowling Green and it was not that close
Art Monk has 2 catches

Also remember 10/9/76 vs Tulane played in torrential downpour
Neither team could do anything in the slop
SU wins 3-0 on last minute FG
I have never been wetter

OO44
Wasn't Monk a TB then?

October 30th, 1993. West Virginia - 43 Syracuse - 0. My hate for the Mountaineers began that day.

The only game I have ever left the dome early from. It was late 4th and (forgotten WVU RB name) had obviously gotten the corner and was still at like their 35, I raced out the door so I would not have to hear him score.

September 20, 1980
The sweat box that was the Dome opener.

Syracuse 36 - 24 Miami (Ohio)
Joe Morris with a 94-yd kick off return.
I wish I was at that one. My first was a couple weeks later, October 4th vs Kansas. We came down from Oswego and watched Frank Seurer and Kerwin Bell beat an uninspired Cuse team 23-8.

The only game I have ever left the dome early from. It was late 4th and (forgotten WVU RB name) had obviously gotten the corner and was still at like their 35, I raced out the door so I would not have to hear him score.
I hate to leave any game early but mine was Cuse vs Pitt on October 5, 2002. Pitt, led by Rod Rutherford and Larry Fitzgerald, took a 48-3 lead over the Cuse before Syracuse came back and scored three times. Nunes to Tyree and runs by Walter Reyes and the immortal Barry Baker. Not sure anyone was left in the dome to see Baker's TD run with 3:51 left.

Here is the box score if anyone wants to relive the pain.

http://www.suathletics.com/sports/2002/10/5/pittbox.aspx

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377735449.840852.jpg
four years old. Went to many more including 11/11/78. Then was at 1st Dome game and never looked back.

Dwight Freeney's senior day against BC. I thought William Green, BC's running back would be great in the NFL.

Army '89, my freshman year. Just remember that it was closer than it should have been.

su vs navy nov 11 1978

last game at archbold -

Great thread. Mine was the 1990 SU-MSU tie game. Marvin Graves' freshman year. Ending sucked but we got high after the game.

SU v Marathon Oil, 1987 or so.

The hot blonde cheerleader at the time was back behind the blue curtain warming up and I swear she winked at my scrawny scruffy country arse as I walked past.

1969 v. Penn State. We were up by 13 in the fourth quarter, only to lose by one point. Some guy named Franco Harris, as well as the officials, killed us in the final stanza. PSU came with in one, then failed on the two point conversion. But we were called for defensive holding, and they made the deuce to win 15-14.
I met Franco Harris on a flight from Phoenix to Pittsburgh. He told me he picked PSU over SU because he didn't want to shave his beard.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

I remember that we were all pumped up for the game and so were the players. We stopped them three times in a row, only to have penalties give them first downs. I think one was a hit out of bounds and another for unsportsmanlike conduct. The team's effort just seemed to collapse after that. The Neer's wound up with 446 yards rushing and 657 total offense, both records for SU opponents at the time. Thatw as a very undisciplined team, lacking good leadership from the upperclassmen.

My first game was the bball tourney game against David Robinson. I unfortunately don't remember my first football game.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

SU-Florida in 91 and I was 8. Pretty good first game experience. Hopefully we can get The Dome rocking like that again.

I didn't make it to the dome for a basketball game until 10 years later when I was a freshman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom