“I don’t care about the record…” - Jim Boeheim | Syracusefan.com

“I don’t care about the record…” - Jim Boeheim

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUFan44

Hall of Fame

Extremely selfish. If this is what he was plotting, tell the people who pay the money to support the program or use their leisure hours to watch that you don't care about the record. That way we can all save a lot of time and money.

Last edited:
Who honestly is upset if Jimmy was on the team and just was a bench player and wasn’t a featured player playing the fifth most minutes in the ACC. I mean the comment is such a joke. Nobody has a problem with the kids on the team its how they’re coached and how they’re managed. They took the most shots the two most shot on the team.

Who is upset if Buddy was playing minutes like he would at other programs?

Such a double down comment from JB.

Eh i don't believe that JB quote for a second. He cares deeply about this being a losing season. I think he's putting on a good face here, having watched his games and press conferences for 40 years now, there is no doubt he cares, alot. I put that statement firmly in the "JB says things" category.

Who honestly is upset if Jimmy was on the team and just was a bench player and wasn’t a featured player playing the fifth most minutes in the ACC. I mean the comment is such a joke. Nobody has a problem with the kids on the team its how they’re coached and how they’re managed. They took the most shots the two most shot on the team.

Who is upset if Buddy was playing minutes like he would at other programs?

Such a double down comment from JB.
I would have no problem with JB's comment if he followed it with, to coach my sons allowed me to end my career in such a special way. the ACC tournament will be it for me.

Boeheim was saying that he wasn’t happy about the record - not that he doesn’t care about winning.

Jim Boeheim is a super competitive man. He wants to win.
Everyone wants to win. Yes.

Things can change when you’re 77.

I would have no problem with JB's comment if he followed it with, to coach my sons allowed me to end my career in such a special way. the ACC tournament will be it for me.

Honestly I think this would have been the classiest way to go about it. Sure that leaves a lot to figure out but we will have a lot to figure out when he hangs em up no matter what.

I'm not as bothered by the comment for the sheer fact that with as much of a downer the season has been, and as a father, he wants them to know how much it meant to him.

Unfortunately it was a nightmare for the rest of us.

He can feel proud. These comments just don’t need to be said out loud. But Day2 will tell me he isn’t changing and will just need to accept it.

Jim Boeheim can not be bigger than the program.
He SHOULD not be bigger than the program, but he has been.

Boeheim was saying that he wasn’t happy about the record - not that he doesn’t care about winning.

Jim Boeheim is a super competitive man. He wants to win.

And was he talking about his personal record, as opposed to the teams win/loss record, notwithstanding that they are tied together.

He did literally say he didn’t care about the record. But I don’t believe him. #JBSaysThings
Either do I. He is entitled to feel this was a special season because he got to coach his sons. Who could argue with that, especially if he left it at that? I am sure having the first losing season of his career, with his kids playing 75+ minutes a game no less, is eating away at him. Nobody wants to win more than JB. Statements like this are about deflecting.

I feel bad for STH who wasted their money on this trash product.
First year STH and I will not be renewing. The product was so bad this year. I figured worst case scenario I could sell some tickets when I couldn’t make a game. The problem was I couldn’t even give them away because we are so bad. I have no regrets, but I will wait for the program to make changes before I jump back in. I did thoroughly enjoy getting to meet people in my section though.

Wow! You guys! JB cares about winning every game more than any of us. To a fault, according to some.

There's a difference between that and being attached to a personal record.
I agree.
I can call him out for numerous things like strategy, game management, roster construction, tactics, etc. That would all be fair game. But I can never doubt the man’s will to win…every game.
I think he misspoke here and perhaps it interprets differently in print.
Boeheim “wants” to win. This year he just sucked at it.

I agree.
I can call him out for numerous things like strategy, game management, roster construction, tactics, etc. That would all be fair game. But I can never doubt the man’s will to win…every game.
I think he misspoke here and perhaps it interprets differently in print.
Boeheim “wants” to win. This year he just sucked at it.
shocker. juli said as much in her interview at duke. win or lose just happy to watch the boys play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom