“I don’t care about the record…” - Jim Boeheim | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

“I don’t care about the record…” - Jim Boeheim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seemed like the general consensus pre-season, by the media and our own staff, is that we’d be pretty good. Not a title contender, but a solid tournament team.

Basically, it was a big miss by everyone. Our returning guys didn’t make a leap, aside from Jesse. Our new guys generally disappointed relative to expectations. We had guys with deficiencies playing too many minutes that exposed them.

We need a major infusion of talent. Not sure we’re getting it though.
Fans on here who have sounding alarms for years saw we weren’t close to a top 25 team.

Those predictions were based on Buddy being as hot as he would ever be and expecting over 31 games rather than 4.

You’re entitled to that opinion as a fan. How I read that is you’re OK with the erosion of the program. There are many who are not. And have seen it coming. This is merely a culmination - and the HC readily admitting he doesn’t care about the record is icing on the cake.

He could have constructed this roster differently. He chose not to. Because he was too worried about having a great year with his sons. The path of least resistance. I’m not OK with that.
“Roster construction” is just a catchy way of saying we don’t have enough good players.

Seemed like the general consensus pre-season, by the media and our own staff, is that we’d be pretty good. Not a title contender, but a solid tournament team.

Basically, it was a big miss by everyone. Our returning guys didn’t make a leap, aside from Jesse. Our new guys generally disappointed relative to expectations. We had guys with deficiencies playing too many minutes that exposed them.

We need a major infusion of talent. Not sure we’re getting it though.

Wasn’t a miss by everyone. Some in this board saw what was up.

Fans on here who have sounding alarms for years saw we weren’t close to a top 25 team.

Those predictions were based on Buddy being as hot as he would ever be and expecting over 31 games rather than 4.
I don’t know, man. There are as many “fans on here” who said reports from practice were that Benny was a monster and our returning backcourt was going to make a leap. People here are right and wrong all the time.

I’m not all that interested in playing the “I told you so” game. All I know is the facts: the team largely stunk this year, and we need better players.

i believe he was trying to win this year and wanted to stick it up the critics butt by playing Joe and Buddy 38 a game and his son whatever a game. He was just hideously wrong.
What was the question that led to the answer?

I don’t know, man. There are as many “fans on here” who said reports from practice were that Benny was a monster and our returning backcourt was going to make a leap. People here are right and wrong all the time.

I’m not all that interested in playing the “I told you so” game. All I know is the facts: the team largely stunk this year, and we need better players.

That’s a month before practice started, right?

But I get it, you want credit for being right. Congrats.

I had multiple family members today tell me that JB still has the right to go out when he wants. That’s bs.

Any leeway he had in that sense went out the window when he built a team around his two sons that ended with his first losing record.

He’s not bigger than the program and everyone involved deserves better than what we’re getting.

His kids were very good for us this season. This isn't on them its more on the coach and us having noone behind them.

Just make a change this team honestly wasn't that bad most of our losses could have been wins this wasn't a bad team. Its going to be ugly if we don't hire a new coach that has no ties to the program. The ACC is horrible too its the right time.
Well, the problem is that we aren't competitive with any real good team. We faced Auburn and Duke twice and couldn't give them a game. Nor could we if we faced any other good team. We were quite competitive with average teams like us.

Last edited:
I had multiple family members today tell me that JB still has the right to go out when he wants. That’s bs.

Any leeway he had in that sense went out the window when he built a team around his two sons that ended with his first losing record.

He’s not bigger than the program and everyone involved deserves better than what we’re getting.

Yeah I used to be on that side but I never thought he'd let the program slip this far. This season just felt like a huge waste

I was saying this in April last year.
I don’t want credit I just want it said it was pretty easy for a lot of people to see this coming.
That’s fine. Like I said, people here are right and wrong all the time. Some folks got this season right. And some of those same folks have gotten other things wrong before. Assigning credit just doesn’t interest me.

That’s fine. Like I said, people here are right and wrong all the time. Some folks got this season right. And some of those same folks have gotten other things wrong before. Assigning credit just doesn’t interest me.
not about assigning credit to me, it would be nice if we could have discussions preseason without assaulting fandom. would be great if it could go back to just disagreeing with each other

I find that bragging about my syracusefan.com predictions really impresses the ladies.

I find that bragging about my syracusefan.com predictions really impresses the ladies.
I don’t want credit i want the reaction to be allow for true discourse and not drinking the kool aid when its clear we have flaws.

When you get called a hater and not true fan or disloyal idiot when its legitimate logic for not being optimistic then that should stop.

It’s unlikely that the kids coming in next year will be difference makers and be able to produce a winning season. It will take them time to develop. Quality players and some developmental players, but no difference makers as freshmen.
I think that Mintz, Joe, Cole , Jesse and a good portal forward could get us to a pretty good season. I am not happy to hear that Jimmy won't go the portal route for a forward if Cole stays. Why? Is there some rule about having 3 forwards?

We had the roster JB wanted.
Except at Jimmy’s position. I think he really thought Quincy would be back. Not sure what the effect on the record would have been if he was. My belief (not an original one) is that you win with guards and all of ours are one dimensional.

Except at Jimmy’s position. I think he really thought Quincy would be back. Not sure what the effect on the record would have been if he was. My belief (not an original one) is that you win with guards and all of ours are one dimensional.
So are our forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors