“Stripe the Dome” for Duke... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

“Stripe the Dome” for Duke...

Still give SU credit for trying rather than sitting on their hands. What other fan-involved promotions do you guys wanna see next? Seems everybody is agreeing with orange out

the promotion isnt a bad thing, its the fact they do it without really telling most casual fans. Wisc did it today and it looked pretty good.. but we try it and everyone complains.

Have seen 100 games with these striped crowds . It’s cool and looks awesome...... Our fans gripe. If you can’t afford a cheap blue tee shirt you can’t afford the ticket price.

The problem is lack of advertising for this. When you don’t have a rabid fanbase like Tennessee football or Kentucky basketball, you need to supply the shirts like others have mentioned. Looking at this tweet, even the students didn’t get it right. They’re supposed to be all in white today, and I’ve seen Otto’s Army advertising this all week.

The problem is lack of advertising for this. When you don’t have a rabid fanbase like Tennessee football or Kentucky basketball, you need to supply the shirts like others have mentioned. Looking at this tweet, even the students didn’t get it right. They’re supposed to be all in white today, and I’ve seen Otto’s Army advertising this all week.

Yes, it’s not that the administration tries this, but they don’t follow through. It’s half-assed.

In white now

Have seen 100 games with these striped crowds . It’s cool and looks awesome... Our fans gripe. If you can’t afford a cheap blue tee shirt you can’t afford the ticket price.

I have like 8 Syracuse shirts, I'm not going to buy another because the university decides to put together some half as...some not well done promotion.

I am slated to wear white for the Cuse/UNC game. Every time I put on a white shirt it gets a few beer stains, some mustard and occasionally something unidentified. And I don't even have to leave the house! How many of us have white Syracuse gear. They should have done just orange and blue.

...I do have a grey Syracuse shirt (gift). Would that be close enough to white?

I have like 8 Syracuse shirts, I'm not going to buy another because the university decides to put together some half as...some not well done promotion.

I am slated to wear white for the Cuse/UNC game. Every time I put on a white shirt it gets a few beer stains, some mustard and occasionally something unidentified. And I don't even have to leave the house! How many of us have white Syracuse gear. They should have done just orange and blue.

...I do have a grey Syracuse shirt (gift). Would that be close enough to white?

I think you need to ask yourself one question, if you bought yourself some fine *** white powder, and the dealer gave you something gray - would that be close enough for you to dive in for a sniff?

If the answer is yes, you're good. If not, go get yourself a white t-shirt!!! LGO!!!! Or LGW!! I don't know any more.

I think you need to ask yourself one question, if you bought yourself some fine *** white powder, and the dealer gave you something gray - would that be close enough for you to dive in for a sniff?

If the answer is yes, you're good. If not, go get yourself a white t-shirt!!! LGO!!!! Or LGW!! I don't know any more.

That comparison speaks loud and clear to the early 20's version of me. Not proud to say it, but it does.. I'll see what's on Manny's online tommorow.

The only thing worse than this loss were the forking nancies in this thread complaining about a fun marketing idea. Pathetic. Relax and enjoy life. Jesus H.

Forget color events in dome . We stink . Crowd intensity was decent though.

The only thing worse than this loss were the forking nancies in this thread complaining about a fun marketing idea. Pathetic. Relax and enjoy life. Jesus H.

I consider myself a fun person (just ask my wife! ok don't). I really enjoy my life. I don't even get all that upset by losses like last night.

I don't think stripe the Dome with 3 colors is a fun idea. They tried it once, but we can't pull it off. Some schools can do it if they have two primary school colors.

Everyone should just wear orange. You don't even have to market it. I think it's kinda dumb when they market it, given our name.

I prefer an orange out, but don’t mind the stripe the dime concept. But why are they changing the pattern each game? If you want people to do it, keep the sections the same color so it’s easier.

Everyone should just wear orange. You don't even have to market it. I think it's kinda dumb when they market it, given our name.
This is where I disagree and put the blame on the fans. Even when they push for an orange out, a bunch of knuckleheads wear blue, purple, tan, notre dame gear, etc etc

This is where I disagree and put the blame on the fans. Even when they push for an orange out, a bunch of knuckleheads wear blue, purple, tan, notre dame gear, etc etc

Nothing worse than seeing white or blue shirts at an ORANGE out. I mean, seriously? How do you not have an orange Syracuse shirt? Hell, wear orange hunting gear if not.

Pretty sure about 30-40% of my t-shirts/hoodies are orange.

There are about 20 in our row and 5 of us had white on. I don’t have any SU white but just wore a stupid white non-SU long sleeved shirt. I overheard lots of conversations though on how early the basketball season ticket renewals came out wanting their money and wondered if the unfortunate timing irked some of these season ticket holders to boycott the idea of being told what color to wear?

They need to just put out the shirts that they want people to wear, the effect would be awesome. This includes when doing orange outs.

I get it’s an expense, but it’s what every other team does when doing this...
10k vs 30k

10k vs 30k
<$3 a shirt printed with some local business logos to chip in.

So $90k or less than bringing some random celebrities to a game on a private plane.

I prefer an orange out, but don’t mind the stripe the dime concept. But why are they changing the pattern each game? If you want people to do it, keep the sections the same color so it’s easier.

The only reason I can think of is to sell more shirts.

But it sure defeats the purpose of making the crowd look uniform. Difficult enough to get the message across for the first game; can't change the message a few weeks later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom