#1 Indiana lost last night | Syracusefan.com

#1 Indiana lost last night

How many times down the stretch did IU come down and turn it over? Zoeller & Olidipo were terrible. You mean it happens to other teams? SARCASM knob cranked to 11.;)

Yet another reason why the last four days really hurt our boys in the hunt for a high NCAA seed. We would have been in the Top 5 with a win over GTown and winning out this week could have put us at #2. I agree we don't deserve to be ranked that high, but what does that matter? We could have locked up Philly early. Such a damn shame the way things are falling our way and we can't take advantage of the carnage.

Yet another reason why the last four days really hurt our boys in the hunt for a high NCAA seed. We would have been in the Top 5 with a win over GTown and winning out this week could have put us at #2. I agree we don't deserve to be ranked that high, but what does that matter? We could have locked up Philly early. Such a damn shame the way things are falling our way and we can't take advantage of the carnage.

Big time. Still have opportunities to move back into a discussion for a 3 seed if we can just start winning again.

I watched the game last night here in Minneapolis [as an aside, I almost took my father to the game, but we decided against it...dammit], and Mbakwe just destroyed Cody Zeller. Literally took him apart.

Exciting game.

I love posting back to back with RF2044...you can never have too many Warrick avatars in a row!

...but yes, the "immune" Indiana going down shows us one thing, that this is going to be a HELL of a March Madness this year!

I love posting back to back with RF2044...you can never have too many Warrick avatars in a row!

Is that a different angle on the same photo?

Syracuse has 6 losses and people are ready to throw JB out of town. #1 Indiana has 4 losses now. People need to wake up a bit. This Syracuse team is so limited and so flawed it’s amazing in my opinion they are even 22-6.

It tells you all you need to know about this season that we are looking at going into March Madness with a mid-major as #1.

I watched the game last night here in Minneapolis [as an aside, I almost took my father to the game, but we decided against it...dammit], and Mbakwe just destroyed Cody Zeller. Literally took him apart.

Exciting game.

I have only seen Minnesota a few times and liked them even during their struggles. I kept thinking all year that Mbakwe would be a BIG problem for our frontcourt. I had a bad feeling about Gardner going off in a post a week ago here.

Exciting game.

Surprised you didnt go. I know how much you love the Barn and all.

Never been to the Barn but I've been to Vanderbilt's and thought it was sweet.

I have only seen Minnesota a few times and liked them even during their struggles. I kept thinking all year that Mbakwe would be a BIG problem for our frontcourt. I had a bad feeling about Gardner going off in a post a week ago here.

Minnesota was terrific earlier in the year. They have a great PG [Andre Hollins]--will be the best in the B1G next year after Burke departs. Their main issue is Tubby Smith's awful offensive scheme, where they don't look to get Mbakwe the ball. Now, in fairness, he hasn't had as good of a season as how he was playing before his injury. But their offense "seems" a lot like ours--they crank up three-pointers indiscriminately, and they can be dangerous when they're on. If they make them [like they were earlier in the season], this is a team that would be dangerous to face in the NCAA. When they don't [like the last few weeks], they really struggle.

Not a Gopher fan AT ALL--strongly dislike them after losing to them several times in football, in hoops in 1990, etc.--but this was a top 10 team earlier in the season. Wouldn't want to play them.

The Barn reminds me of Barton Hall at Cornell. It's marginally nicer than that, but not by much.

Seems very outdated for a B1G school.

The Barn reminds me of Barton Hall at Cornell. It's marginally nicer than that, but not by much.

Seems very outdated for a B1G school.

Come on, its the Taj Mahal according to ESPN! They need a practice facility pretty bad there and even commented on it last night.

Great court storm last night though. The funniest part was when Dan Dakich said "Hey I just saw a 70 year old run onto the court". That made me laugh.

Is that a different angle on the same photo?

Just to make sure you can sleep tonight ;) - No, it can't be the same dunk. Warrick is wearing a black band around his left elbow in your avatar, but not in HakAttack's.

Despite an easy finish to the season (PSU, NEB, PUR), Minnesota was a desperate team last night, sitting at 6-8 in conference.

this was a top 10 team earlier in the season. Wouldn't want to play them.
Sounds like another team I know. Can you imagine being a 3 or a 4 seed and be staring at Syracuse in the 2nd round? I still don't see SU falling out of a top 4 seed spot but they better win at least 2 of the last 3, and another in the BET.

Syracuse has 6 losses and people are ready to throw JB out of town. #1 Indiana has 4 losses now. People need to wake up a bit. This Syracuse team is so limited and so flawed it’s amazing in my opinion they are even 22-6.

It is a coaches job to work around limitations of a team. Jim has not done that this year. His whole concept is "if we shoot well, we win." Pretty comical. There are a bunch of teams this year who cant shoot, but find ways to win (having adjusted as the year went on).. See Georgetown, Mich St, Marquette, etc...

We have to be one of the easiest teams in america to coach against.

Minnesota is the Big Ten version of Cincy. Top 15 team early in the year, tons of talent, but has failed miserably in conference play. But, like Cincy, they are the type of team you wouldn't want to play in Round 2 of the tournament.

It is a coaches job to work around limitations of a team. Jim has not done that this year. His whole concept is "if we shoot well, we win." Pretty comical. There are a bunch of teams this year who cant shoot, but find ways to win (having adjusted as the year went on).. See Georgetown, Mich St, Marquette, etc...

We have to be one of the easiest teams in america to coach against.

And Syracuse is one of those teams that has found a way to win duh. We're so easy to coach against only 6 teams have been able to beat us.

Georgetown 4 losses
Michigan State 6 losses -
Marquette 7 losses
LVille 5 losses
Florida 5 losses
UNC 8 losses
Duke 3 losses
Arizona 4 losses
Kansas 4 losses
Indiana 4 losses

This was so good I had to reply again. First this is as a flawed a team as I can remember. He's 22-6 with it. His concept of 'shooting well' is spot on. When teams shoot well they win. Syracuse is usually a high scoring team = except this year because our offense stinks and our guys can't shoot.

Since the Nova loss (a 4-5 stretch) the team has averaged 67 ppg. In those 4 wins it averaged 75 ppg.

In the team's 6 losses this year we've scored just 63 ppg. The problem is scoring. More a personnel issue than a coaching issue. Kids can't shoot and only one kid can reliably score.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom