Class of 2021 - #1 Recruit Andrew McAdory to Duke | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 #1 Recruit Andrew McAdory to Duke

Speaking of the Shoreham kids, Xavier Arline is also supposed to be leaning football, or both, and apparently that is not an option for him an UNC. It is expected that he will not be signing in November.

Thats surprising as he holds a ND offer in both lacrosse and football. You'd think that would mean he'd easily be able to play football at UNC.

Thats surprising as he holds a ND offer in both lacrosse and football. You'd think that would mean he'd easily be able to play football at UNC.

From what i saw on his twitter (yeah, I'm becoming that kind of person [with all due respect to CuseLegacy]), he made a comment like being offered the opportunity to "play ball" at Notre Dame. I wasnt sure if that was a cute way to say he has been offered a walk-on spot. Rivals doesnt have him with an P5 offers listed.

I just saw this too. Notre Dame offers preferred walk-on spot to 2020 ATH Xavier Arline

From what i saw on his twitter (yeah, I'm becoming that kind of person [with all due respect to CuseLegacy]), he made a comment like being offered the opportunity to "play ball" at Notre Dame. I wasnt sure if that was a cute way to say he has been offered a walk-on spot. Rivals doesnt have him with an P5 offers listed.

I just saw this too. Notre Dame offers preferred walk-on spot to 2020 ATH Xavier Arline
I would assume he would get money for lax and therefore be listed as a "walk on" football player

I would assume he would get money for lax and therefore be listed as a "walk on" football player

I believe under the Miami rule if your on a sports scholarship and your playing multiple sports and of the sports is football, the money has to come via the football program. That could have changed or could only be for full scholarship players.

I believe under the Miami rule if your on a sports scholarship and your playing multiple sports and of the sports is football, the money has to come via the football program. That could have changed or could only be for full scholarship players.
I agree. I think the Santana Moss Rule applies.

Says he's been offered as a preferred walk-on at ND. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if he plays both sports there and receives an athletic scholarship, doesn't it have to be charged against the football program?

Says he's been offered as a preferred walk-on at ND. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if he plays both sports there and receives an athletic scholarship, doesn't it have to be charged against the football program?
Yes, no money from either I guess

Yes per the Miami rule if there on any type of scholarship it has to be charged against the fball team

If he's a walk-on, he's not getting any athletic money at all.

In my day (about 20 years ago give or take) a recruited athlete would get up to 300 points on their SAT. Even the NESCAC schools allow coaches to have "tips" which gets recruited athletes a bump in admissions status. They also "band" athletic recruits.

This explains it better. Athletic Admissions Details : EphBlog
When we visited with the Georgetown soccer coach, he said he got 7 admissions passes a year (within reason). He and other coaches traded those spots as needed.

When we visited with the Georgetown soccer coach, he said he got 7 admissions passes a year (within reason). He and other coaches traded those spots as needed.

Shame on you. But useful information none the less. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom