1 rule you liked to see changed | Syracusefan.com

1 rule you liked to see changed

-Jump Ball.
-30 second shot clock
-must stay 2 years
-Calling a timeout does not reset the 10 count in the backcourt.

Don't agree with this. It slows the game down.

So does 18 TV timeouts and each team getting an additional 5 timeouts. At least change it for the 2nd half only.

I think it should you should have to stay 3 years, with an option to go out of high school. The Kobes and Lebrons who dont have any want or need to go to college still could, everyone else, 3 years.

I'd like to see the team that is fouled while in the bonus given the option of taking the free throws, or maintain possession & inbound the ball. I have no respect for the hack&heave tactic used at the end of close games.

If you play really tough defense that leads to fouling then they'd take the free throws anyways to prevent a turnover... but this "quick, whack someone" strategy is not basketball.

edit;
Something to stem the intentional fouling at the very end of games. Choice of foul shots or retaining possession in the last minute or something like that.

Wow. beat me to it! Damn my grammar OCD!

OK I guess I owe another idea ...how about having more intentional fouls called at the end of games, and 3 free throws for intentional fouls instead of 2, no possession.

and maybe TV timeouts changed to 15:00/10:00/5:00. There's too much stoppage in a game that is so dependent on momentum.

oh, and quit this nonsense that requires foul shots after a TV timeout marker to be taken after the timeout.

sorry, thought this thread title was "half a dozen rules you'd like to change"

On offense BS light charges, and on defense BS defensive body fouls. It gets so old.

Does anyone like the FIBA rule where you can't call a TO during a live ball situation? I'm not sure how I feel about it; it makes for a very different experience though

How about a rule that the ref's waist can't be larger than their chest.

10565663-standard.jpg

I think it should you should have to stay 3 years, with an option to go out of high school. The Kobes and Lebrons who dont have any want or need to go to college still could, everyone else, 3 years.
sadly no one would go to college

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom