1 rule you liked to see changed | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

1 rule you liked to see changed

I never liked when a coach has his team take bench chairs and move them on the court during a time out.
Are they afraid someone in seats behind them are stealing signs? Chairs scratch a court and the players sweating on the court seems dangerous. Just seems dumb to me. Did John Thompson start that fad?

sadly no one would go to college

How many of this years high school class do you think would get drafted?

Yea, it might take a few years for kids to realize that they prolly arent good enough to go straight to the NBA, but survival of the fittest, lol. Learn fast or drown.

I never liked when a coach has his team take bench chairs and move them on the court during a time out.
Are they afraid someone in seats behind them are stealing signs? Chairs scratch a court and the players sweating on the court seems dangerous. Just seems dumb to me. Did John Thompson start that fad?
It was Michigan. Fisher maybe?

One thing I'd like to see enforced MORE is a crack down against coaches coming out onto the court or way outside of the coaching box during game play.

Drives me nuts.

the change to the 1-1 rule was tried and failed. if you foul now you give up 1-2 shots and get the ball. when you offer the offense the chance to keep the ball then the incentive to foul goes up . they give up no pts and get a chance to steal. really should just change it to 3 shots after some time or foul limit, teams would stop fouling as the odds would start to go way down on fouling and getting back into a game.

timeouts should not be allowed in the backcourt. get it in and get it over then you can call a TO.. reward the D for solid play.

if you have the ball and get tied up you lose the ball. if neither team had the ball then go to a jump or alternate but reward the D whenever possible.

and get rid of the jump ball on an up and down. go back to the old rule that its a travel , again reward the D

How many of this years high school class do you think would get drafted?

Yea, it might take a few years for kids to realize that they prolly arent good enough to go straight to the NBA, but survival of the fittest, lol. Learn fast or drown.
going over seas would become a much better option

these kids want money just like everyone else

I'd add having 3 TV timeouts instead of 4 per half, and adding 30 seconds to each break.

Granny-style shots from beyond the halfcourt line are worth 5 points and let fans pay players as much as they want.

completely get rid of charging, its either a block or you play on!
This would be fascinating... totally change the way offense is played. I'd pay to see that.

the change to the 1-1 rule was tried and failed. if you foul now you give up 1-2 shots and get the ball. when you offer the offense the chance to keep the ball then the incentive to foul goes up D
hence the need for more liberal usage of intentional fouls, which can be then used in any number of ways: 3 shots instead of 2, or 1 shot and possession... the latter would require making the process more fluid, just get up there and shoot, then carry on. perhaps a quick 10 second shot clock on reporting of the foul. bing bam, back to basketball.

Three point line: move it back to the NBA distance. these are huge, strong athletes...division one ball should have the three point line far enough such that it takes the average human extreme effort to even reach the rim with the shot.

In fact, i have a better rule..create a 3 pt shot that is actually between 15 to 18 feet from the rim...that is actually a more difficult shot in a game because there is more congestion ..and it is a lost art...bring back the mid range jumper.

25 points if it goes in off your opponents head

Tucking the ball under your arm and barreling through the lane like a fullback should be traveling.

so why not change the rule. dunks 5, layups 4, inside foul line 3, inside arc 2, outside arc 1.

back the first rule of basketball, get as close as you can, and whatever you get fouled on you get to shoot. and no fouls inside the charging circle.. you didnt stop them thats your fault.

I find the "players must stay in college for X amount of years" to be kind of disturbing. What is this - the USSR? You should have a right to stay in college for as long as you want or to go make a living in your desired profession whenever you want (like dancers or musicians or baseball and hockey players do).

What if a player just can't cut it academically in college but has the physical ability to play in the NBA?

One thing I'd like to see enforced MORE is a crack down against coaches coming out onto the court or way outside of the coaching box during game play.

Drives me nuts.

Anyone remember that Jason Kidd play a few years ago where some coach was on the court (Mike Woodson? Pop? Blanking on the name) and he ran into him and got a T called on the coach. Loved that play.

Somebody mentioned it earlier and I agree, less time on the shot clock. 24 or 30 would be an improvement.

Also, MTV Rock N' Jock 25 and 50 point baskets.

The problems with the current college game are due to failure to use the rules of basketball that have long existed. Don't make up new rules, enforce the old ones. This concept does not apply to the NBA because they no longer play "basketball" anyway.

I find the "players must stay in college for X amount of years" to be kind of disturbing. What is this - the USSR? You should have a right to stay in college for as long as you want or to go make a living in your desired profession whenever you want (like dancers or musicians or baseball and hockey players do).

What if a player just can't cut it academically in college but has the physical ability to play in the NBA?

Could not agree more. For some reason people think it's okay for a musician, or even a tennis player to be a professional at 13, but a basketball player can't do the same thing at 18. The hypocrisy is nauseating.

In college. Ill go with you have to stay atleast 2 years.
inbounding the ball after inadvertent whistles. If a ref blows a whistle by mistake, why should the team with the ball have to inbound it with a chance of pressure and lose of possesion? Let the team with the ball just start where the ball was when the whistle was blown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom