10-8 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

10-8

Physically impossible for us to beat UNC as long as we are playing the 2-3 zone. That is just a fact, we cannot rebound with them if we are in the 2-3.

i have the perfect game plan for North Carolina. Shoot 100% from the field and hope we can defensive rebound a miss or 2 from them :)

Yeah I was just going to say you don't have to worry about rebounding if you hit all your shots.

There is no way we can beat UNC.
In 41 years we have won a lot of games that no way we could win. A game at Barclays against UNC would be down the list of those game we can't win. For what it's worth, the game that put Syracuse on the college basketball map was a game vs UNC at providence in the sweet 16 in '75. No way could we win that game. Until we did.

Physically impossible for us to beat UNC as long as we are playing the 2-3 zone. That is just a fact, we cannot rebound with them if we are in the 2-3.
Do you realize how moronic it is to say that a basketball team that won 10 games in a conference can't beat another team in that conference that lost to teams you beat? Yes, the match up with UNC is a difficult one. But to say it is physically impossible is beyond stupid.

In 41 years we have won a lot of games that no way we could win. A game at Barclays against UNC would be down the list of those game we can't win. For what it's worth, the game that put Syracuse on the college basketball map was a game vs UNC at providence in the sweet 16 in '75. No way could we win that game. Until we did.

I think Virginia last year was considered a "no way" too. They had our number and had a far better resume. Anything can happen.

I think Virginia last year was considered a "no way" too. They had our number and had a far better resume. Anything can happen.
We were down 15with 9 minutes to go against Virginia. Earlier this year we were down 16 with 8 minutes to go against NC State. That would be impossible to.

That UConn team beat us at home in a game that wasn't anywhere near as close as the final score, then we got wrecked @ UConn later on.

So yeah. I'd agree.

Was that home game loss the one when McCroskey dunked on Armstrong and taunted him when we were down by 20+? SMH.

But yeah, UConn was loaded with talent that year. When GMac hit the 3 to put it in OT, I might have celebrated harder than after any shot ever. I felt so certain we would beat them in OT after that one went in.

That UConn team beat us at home in a game that wasn't anywhere near as close as the final score, then we got wrecked @ UConn later on.

So yeah. I'd agree.

That 2006 UConn team was one of the best college basketball teams of the last 10-15 years, in my opinion. They would beat George Mason 9 out of 10 times, but they caught them on the wrong day.

And the ten wins came against ten different teams.

I'm sure one of the SU basketball nerds (and please understand I use the term in the highest regard) can confirm if this is the first time we've never beat a team twice in the same season.

That's a real strong record considering how strong this league is.

If we just went 3-0 (as we should have by combined 45-50 points) vs UConn, Gtown, and St Johns - we would be like a 4 or 5 seed. The chances of us going 0-3 with 2 games at home and a very shorthanded Uconn had to have been 1 in a million.

Remember when people didn't think we'd win 3 games in the ACC?

To be fair to those people who said that, we did have a stretch where we lost to UConn, Georgetown, St Johns, and Boston College within a 7 game stretch by a combined 57 points. I didn't know what to think, didn't make a prediction but I couldn't really defend the other side of it. That team is far different from this team, that team was the worst I've ever seen in Orange.

That would be up there with the GMac run. UConn that season was probably a "no way we beat them" team too. But we did.

That was probably the game I felt least confident in us winning in my entire life as a Cuse fan, so glad I was wrong.

To be fair to those people who said that, we did have a stretch where we lost to UConn, Georgetown, St Johns, and Boston College within a 7 game stretch by a combined 57 points. I didn't know what to think, didn't make a prediction but I couldn't really defend the other side of it. That team is far different from this team, that team was the worst I've ever seen in Orange.

That St. John's game...I'd never experienced anything like that for SU basketball. And I never want to again. I'd like to forget it ever happened.

Amazing turnaround for this team.

I thought that DePaul game like 10 years was the worst ever. And then St. John's happened lol. The positive side in me said, well we won the Big East tournament after that blowout so...

x
Do you realize how moronic it is to say that a basketball team that won 10 games in a conference can't beat another team in that conference that lost to teams you beat? Yes, the match up with UNC is a difficult one. But to say it is physically impossible is beyond stupid.
Once I see them not get out rebounded by insane amounts:
This years game: Out-rebounded by 20
Last year's 3 games: Out-rebounded an average of 7

You're right its not impossible, but there is no doubt in my mind that UNC is the last team I want to match up with. By far, its really not all that close. We would probably need a game like when Nova beat G'town in '85.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom