10-8 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

10-8

x

Once I see them not get out rebounded by insane amounts:
This years game: Out-rebounded by 20
Last year's 3 games: Out-rebounded an average of 7

You're right its not impossible, but there is no doubt in my mind that UNC is the last team I want to match up with. By far, its really not all that close. We would probably need a game like when Nova beat G'town in '85.
We don't need a game like that. I agree that they are the worst team for us to match up with.

I'm sure one of the SU basketball nerds (and please understand I use the term in the highest regard) can confirm if this is the first time we've never beat a team twice in the same season.
I want to say 2003. Oh wait that's wrong we beat Georgetown 3 times that season. Sorry I had to, its 9:32pm in Seattle and...

x

Once I see them not get out rebounded by insane amounts:
This years game: Out-rebounded by 20
Last year's 3 games: Out-rebounded an average of 7

You're right its not impossible, but there is no doubt in my mind that UNC is the last team I want to match up with. By far, its really not all that close. We would probably need a game like when Nova beat G'town in '85.
We are on the wrong side of the bracket to make a run in Brooklyn. UNC and Ville were the two teams I wanted to avoid the most. Having to beat them on consecutive days, while playing an additional game Weds. makes it an extremely tall order.

We are on the wrong side of the bracket to make a run in Brooklyn. UNC and Ville were the two teams I wanted to avoid the most. Having to beat them on consecutive days, while playing an additional game Weds. makes it an extremely tall order.
I agree, but I look at it like this...if we play North Carolina Thursday , it means we beat Miami Wednesday , which I think is enough to seal a tournament bid.

If we just went 3-0 (as we should have by combined 45-50 points) vs UConn, Gtown, and St Johns - we would be like a 4 or 5 seed. The chances of us going 0-3 with 2 games at home and a very shorthanded Uconn had to have been 1 in a million.
Frank Howard was the primary PG in all those games.
If Gillon is the PG for 35 minutes we likely beat UConn and Georgetown atleast.

If we play 2-3 zone and we are very unlikely to beat UNC.
This UNC has tons of size and will play volleyball on the glass. Unless we go crazy offensively our chances are slim.
Beat Miami and I am happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom