$10 million to escape now | Syracusefan.com

$10 million to escape now

If they manage SMU, Houston, UCF, Boise St. and Air Force (none of which are in any way "EAST" :rolleyes:) the basketball onlies all benefit. SMU, Houston and UCF are not exactly "strong" programs. Funny, 2 former Southwest Conference teams in the Big East...

Boise won't have to go undefeated to get a BCS bowl.

We'll see.

...still no mention of reducing the 27 month detention rule...only way 'Cuse and Pitt escape is if these guys either get to 12 football schools or the conference blows up.

I doubt BE let's 'Cuse/Pitt out early as if they do, the BE sets a precedent that other schools that want to leave will utiliize as a basis for leaving earlier than the 27 months.

Does the new $10mil apply to us and Pitt? It seems like it shouldn't since our decision came before the new price.

Does the new $10mil apply to us and Pitt? It seems like it shouldn't since our decision came before the new price.
I believe we are grandfathered. Even if we weren't, changing it after the fact would never hold up in court.

I believe we are grandfathered. Even if we weren't, changing it after the fact would never hold up in court.

That's what I was thinking. Just didn't see anything in the article about it.