10 programs on the rise/10 on the decline | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

10 programs on the rise/10 on the decline

Villanova has been very highly ranked all year long. Not sure why.

Kids know he can get them to the NBA at Lville and UK.
So Pitino no longer knows how to coach good players because he's not at one of those places anymore?

Why is it all or nothing for you? He can get better players there and make them a better program without them ever becoming a blue blood. Butler went from a nobody to a relevant program with a couple good coaching hires. This isn't college football where only the factories matter.

So Pitino no longer knows how to coach good players because he's not at one of those places anymore?

Why is it all or nothing for you? He can get better players there and make them a better program without them ever becoming a blue blood. Butler went from a nobody to a relevant program with a couple good coaching hires. This isn't college football where only the factories matter.
I never said that I think Pitino will win there. Cluess already had Iona at a high level it's hard to believe Rick's going to be at Iona long.

I never said that I think Pitino will win there. Cluess already had Iona at a high level it's hard to believe Rick's going to be at Iona long.
Look back at the discussion. Somebody claimed Pitino will attract better players than Cluess. Your only arguments that he won't are that he either won't be there long or the conference they're in. His age is a reason why he may hang around for a while and examples were given for programs that improved their talent and profile while in lower level conferences. He can certainly make them better than Cluess had them. He's proven and well known. Cluess can't walk into a livingroom and say he's won a national championship.

Villanova has been very highly ranked all year long. Not sure why.
They’re a good team. Not national title good but top 20 good. They lost because their star PG Colin Gillespie went out with an MCL injury in the last game. And now their other guard Justin Moore is injured.

They’re a good team. Not national title good but top 20 good. They lost because their star PG Colin Gillespie went out with an MCL injury in the last game. And now their other guard Justin Moore is injured.
Yeah I know about the injuries and I agree with your top 20 assessment but they were ranked inside the top five most of the year. There are several B1G and Big 12 teams that would throttle Nova with or without Gillespie imo.

Duke and Kentucky will still get their kids drafted even if the teams stunk. This list is more about whos good this year IMO.

Not sure how we've declined as we've been a perennial bubble team for 6 years straight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom