10 programs on the rise/10 on the decline | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

10 programs on the rise/10 on the decline

I agree. They sucked last year regardless of Covid. I know Cole Anthony missed a bunch of games which hurt them, but they were a bad team even with him.
They won a title in 17, were in the sweet 16 a couple years ago, and are probably making the tourney this year, they aren't vintage unc but I wouldn't call it a decline.

I subscribe to the Atlantic but find many of their articles to be h0t takes and click bait, just like this one. How can Iona be "on the rise" when they are only 5-3, with 4 of their wins over horrible teams (5-12 Rider twice, 6-11 Fairfield and 9-12 Coppin State)?

Pitino isn't going anywhere and he'll kill it in the transfer market is their reasoning, which is sound.

Pitino isn't going anywhere and he'll kill it in the transfer market is their reasoning, which is sound.
What is he going to turn Iona into? Tim Cluess was a great coach had them in the tourney nearly every year.

A team you don't want to draw in the tourney.

His house backs up to Winged Foot, he's likely done moving.
I know Cluess didn't win a tourney game. But weren't they already that team?

Pitino is going to attract a level of player that Cluess never could.
You could be right, but I'm not so sure. I suspect that Pitino will have to be on his best behavior, and Iona will lean toward a Boston College attitude toward recruiting and admissions more so than a Louisville or Kentucky attitude.

Do conferences matter as much in basketball? Why would players want to play in the WCC?
Gonzaga is on a different level plus they always play a loaded ooc schedule.

Every team is one injury or missed recruit away from being on the decline. This list looks like Who’s Hot in 2021.

Might not be a good buy. I'd assume in 5 years that AT LEAST 7 of the 10 on the decline list will undergo a coaching change.

Yup. College hoops more than any other sport is all about the HC.

Oh give me a break on UConn. Let’s see how they are next season when Bouknight is gone.

Iona has been winning the MAAC just about every year for a decade I’m not sure how they’re on the rise lol
They were 4-4 in games without Bouknight and I imagine if he missed the whole season they’d be off the bubble already.

Hurley has recruited very well but let’s see what happens when his lottery pick leaves

That wasn't always the case. They had to start somewhere and were once a cinderella.
That didn't happen overnight. Pitino is no spring chicken plus he's looking.for one more p5 job.

That didn't happen overnight. Pitino is no spring chicken plus he's looking.for one more p5 job.
Sure, but Mark Few wasn't the guy that got is started at Gonzaga either. I'm not saying that Iona is Gonzaga, just that you may be overrating the importance of conference to basketball recruits.

Kids know Pitino can get them to the association and will play exciting basketball. It wouldn't surprise me if he upgraded their profile while he was there.

Sure, but Mark Few wasn't the guy that got is started at Gonzaga either. I'm not saying that Iona is Gonzaga, just that you may be overrating the importance of conference to basketball recruits.

Kids know Pitino can get them to the association and will play exciting basketball. It wouldn't surprise me if he upgraded their profile while he was there.
Kids know he can get them to the NBA at Lville and UK.

They were 4-4 in games without Bouknight and I imagine if he missed the whole season they’d be off the bubble already.

Hurley has recruited very well but let’s see what happens when his lottery pick leaves
I think UCONN will win the Big East Tournament. Villanova is getting beat at the half today by 17 against Providence. They keep getting better.

I think UCONN will win the Big East Tournament. Villanova is getting beat at the half today by 17 against Providence. They keep getting better.

Villanova’s PG is done for the season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom