17-11-7 | Syracusefan.com

17-11-7

What's funny is that it seemed like every bounce was going against him. He started the game with a couple in-and-outs. I think the ball caromed off him and out of bounds a few times. It seemed like it would be "one of those games" for him. He fought through it though. TrueBlue is right, kid is a stat stuffer.

Also, the dive into the stands at the end. I know he didn't save the ball, but damn, talk about wanting it!

He had a pretty up and down game overall - but he keeps putting up nice stat lines.

He still makes me nervous inbounding the ball. Wait the extra second and get it to Cooney. He seems to panic easily...

Great job on the free throws though that one time - wasn't sure he could hit two in that situation.

He had a pretty up and down game overall - but he keeps putting up nice stat lines.

He still makes me nervous inbounding the ball. Wait the extra second and get it to Cooney. He seems to panic easily...

Great job on the free throws though that one time - wasn't sure he could hit two in that situation.
way to strain yourself for a sort-of compliment. without his 2nd half and OT we lose that game. he was huge

Didn't he have just 4 points in the 1st half? I was following on live stats, and noticed his name just kept coming up, and coming up, and ...

edit: Well, him and Rak :) I sure wish I could have seen this one.

silent g was a top 20-30 recruit or so for a reason. but he also didn't work out at duke for a reason. he is much more athletic than he seems, he is a better defensive rebounder than any undersized 3-4 type player than I can think of that we have had since we have been exclusively zone. I love his game honestly for a college player, and I think he is a great player here plus we have him for another year. it just seems to me that in some games he is not fully engaged or tends to drift for periods of time and our team right now can't afford that. Christmas and cooney, their intensity never wavers.

G has it all but a go to isolation game, its scary thinking about how good he can be when it develops, teams will have to double him and when you double a pg he will make you pay.

G is becoming 1 of my favorite cuse players. Love his game, his demeanor, he's a cool cat out there. He was pissed after that missed layup, if he's in that situation again he ain't missing.

G has it all but a go to isolation game, its scary thinking about how good he can be when it develops, teams will have to double him and when you double a pg he will make you pay.

I was thinking something similar to that with Rak, actually. He's going to get a lot of attention as the season bears on, and it seems G will naturally be the guy who steps up. Hope I'm right about that.

G is becoming 1 of my favorite cuse players. Love his game, his demeanor, he's a cool cat out there. He was pissed after that missed layup, if he's in that situation again he ain't missing.

Just a guess here, but it seems he now knows he's found his home? Leaving Duke had to be unsettling, but lately his confidence has been soaring. He now owns his spot, when at the beginning many had him pegged as the 6th man. Anyway, we're all glad K steered him our way (just another guess).

way to strain yourself for a sort-of compliment. without his 2nd half and OT we lose that game. he was huge

Not sure what you're taking exception to...the nice stat line comment?

It seemed up and down to me...is that some sort of slam on him? I was commenting on the stat line - not the end of game. You should start a thread where we discuss that. I'll provide thoughts specifically from when he hit his first three on. :crazy:

Not sure what you're taking exception to...the nice stat line comment?

It seemed up and down to me...is that some sort of slam on him? I was commenting on the stat line - not the end of game. You should start a thread where we discuss that. I'll provide thoughts specifically from when he hit his first three on. :crazy:
Right on, just wondering how hard it is to simply say "great game" after the kid played (another) great game

Right on, just wondering how hard it is to simply say "great game" after the kid played (another) great game

Fair enough - I thought he was fantastic at the end fwiw - his inbounding does seem hurried at times and makes me nervous. Hit some huge shots though - the mid-range jumper included - was never trying to imply he wasn't huge in the win though.

Fair enough - I thought he was fantastic at the end fwiw - his inbounding does seem hurried at times and makes me nervous. Hit some huge shots though - the mid-range jumper included - was never trying to imply he wasn't huge in the win though.
gotcha :)

Our big three average points-rebounds-assists since ACC play started.

Christmas
21 - 9 - 2
Cooney
19 - 1 -3
Gbinije
13 - 9 - 4

Firing on all cylinders. Hopefully this level of play is maintained, or at least manifests itself once more come March.
We only have three cylinders.

MG was great but our role players did better than i thought rewatching the game. Roberson was solid rebounding vs a very good rebounding team as well as hitting a couple nice jumpers. Kaleb had the one dumb turnover and went gunshy a couple times but otherwise did a nice job. He is going to get it and when he does look out. The attention paid to cooney and roc when the ball swings back to kaleb leaves him space for his jumper and a lane to attack. If he can attack that space and get a couple good games lookout. Hes not that far away and most likely we wont see it till next year but he did fine in his time. He also has to run back better vs transition.

Buss did a nice job on D, was unlucky to miss a couple layups and hit a huge 3 during the comeback. He also made some smart decisions and had a really nice give and go as well. He is a role player with limited talent but is a tenacious defender and a gamer.

BJ just needs to drop the mookie act and rebound defend and swing the ball. If he gets an in rhythm jumper take it but otherwise look to help keep the offense flowing and feed the ball to the post or swing it for trevor and mike g. Keep it simple and you will do fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom