1997: Syracuse vs Virginia | Syracusefan.com

1997: Syracuse vs Virginia

As a couple people on this board know, I played in this game. Watching it brought back so many great memories of the games we played against UVA. Their warm up shirts had a seatbelt printed on the front and "buckle up" on the back, and boy did you need to buckle up when our teams played. Some of the great memories from this game included the faceoff dominance of CNS's Jason Hard, the creativeness of Michael Watson and Doug Knight, and the greatness that is Casey Powell. If you haven't yet, watch this game being played the way I believe lacrosse should be played. There was more action in the first quarter than in most full games played the "modern" way.

I was a freshman at SU and rallied my entire floor from Lawrinson Hall to attend the game. Friends were amazed at how exciting lacrosse can be when played at the highest level. Many it was the first time they saw the sport. SUper sports was on tape delay then.

Often while sitting in the Dome now I look at the spot where Casey took that behind the back shot and am just amazed that he one had the stones to shoot it and that it went in. When he took off down the sidelines the crowd was in a fury and rose to its feet as he broke away. It was awesome. One of the best games I have ever attended...any sport.

Thanks for posting!

Wow!! that was one great game. Friday night at the dome. I took my then 8 year old daughter to the game. We had a great time, will never forget it. Casey Powell was on fire. Real barn burner. Thx for the post!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom