2:40 Wisconsin vs VIllanova Game Thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2:40 Wisconsin vs VIllanova Game Thread

I gotta say this. Villanova was top 5 all season and relevant nationally and their season ended the same day as ours.

That is a gag job. What a waste of an elite season.

Well, Nova lost. Guess the position of "power northeastern program" is up for grabs again! Maybe Rhode Island will keep winning and claim it!

Reactionary H0T Takes time!!!!! Screw it!

:D

Thank you Wisconsin. Now we don't have to hear about Nova all week long.

Ironic that the nation's best free throw shooting team choked the game away at the line.

If I hear about one more baller that we turned away, I'm going to lose my ****!!!!

That makes 4 big time players, on tourney teams...that I know of.
is our identifying talent that poor? Who are we to be turning down solid players, who really wants to come here? especially since we don't have full rosters... SMH add that to "coasting" on the recruiting trail and just things are looking bleak!

Thank you Wisconsin. Now we don't have to hear about Nova all week long.

It effectively wiped out the rest of my bracket, but I'm all over it! Terrific game! :)

How many 2nd round exits has nova had as a 1 or 2 seed recently?

Jay wright and bill self are very similar. Always have 1 or 2 seed teams. Always flame out early. But have that 1 national championship thanks to 2 amazing buzzer beaters in the championship game, chalmers and Jenkins.

Hayes is what I would love to see Lydon develop into.

Committee gave Minnesota a 5 and Wisconsin a 8. Wisconsin beat Minnesota twice and finished above them in the Big Ten standings.
Minny should have been an 8 and Wisconsin a 5.

Nova has been a terrible tournament team besides last year. they get bounced early every year. This wasn't a surprise considering Wisconsin has a senior heavy team. This new Big East is a joke...SHU would play for the NIT when the Big East was actually the Big East.

Committee gave Minnesota a 5 and Wisconsin a 8. Wisconsin beat Minnesota twice and finished above them in the Big Ten standings.
Minny should have been an 8 and Wisconsin a 5.

Similar to us having a better conference record than wake and beating them head to head, but them getting in over us.

How many 2nd round exits has nova had as a 1 or 2 seed recently?

Jay wright and bill self are very similar. Always have 1 or 2 seed teams. Always flame out early. But have that 1 national championship thanks to 2 amazing buzzer beaters in the championship game, chalmers and Jenkins.

They both suck. Boeheim sucks. Roy Williams sucks. Coaches who stand a lot are too wound up and they suck. Coaches who sit a lot are too complacent and they suck.

Wisconsin will beat UF or UVA. Should've been a 4 seed.

1 Seeds to lose in Round of 32 – Since 2005
2017 Villanova
2015 Villanova
2014 Wichita State
2013 Gonzaga
2011 Pittsburgh
2010 Kansas

I gotta say this. Villanova was top 5 all season and relevant nationally and their season ended the same day as ours.

That is a gag job. What a waste of an elite season.

If we lost a 2nd round game as the #1 overall seed, especially the way Villanova lost, people here would be calling for JB's head. And rightfully so. That was a horrible game by Villanova, I don't care that Wisconsin was underseeded.

And honestly, while I was cheering for nova, I'm glad they lost. It's better for us that they don't get too hot.

1 Seeds to lose in Round of 32 – Since 2005
2017 Villanova
2015 Villanova
2014 Wichita State
2013 Gonzaga
2011 Pittsburgh
2010 Kansas
Won't be surprised to see them pop up on that list a couple more times in the coming years.

The sham that is the new big east gives them a nice glide path to a top seed pretty much every year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom