2 games to find 1 Win | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2 games to find 1 Win

How about people report in from their disparate locations to compare how the local DI program in that area is marketed?

I'll go first!

I live in Orlando. The local program is UCF. In regards to marketing, there are billboards along many points of my commute regarding the UCF football team. I typically tune to a different station during radio commercials. But, a few of the hosts on the shows I listen to are UCF grads. So, upcoming games get a mention. And I do seem to recall ads here and there. In regards to TV, I cannot say either way. Thanks to my DVR, I rarely watch commercials. The local newspaper, has ads on a regular basis. The UCF program does split coverage with Florida and FSU. Regarding social media, who the heck knows? Either more stuff goes through the SU feed, or I turned off the UCF feed. I find the SU football feed on twitter / facebook to be a straw-grasper and disorganized. If Jim Boeheim's fart fails to stink, then the SU football feed posts something about it. Desperate for likes I guess.

A lot of people you meet in Orlando went to UCF. They wear their gear around town. They talk about the team quite often. However, only the diehards go to the game. The other people you meet are either transients supporting their dilapidated hometown's team, or they were bookworms and went to Florida or were horn-dogs and went to FSU.

Winning and being competitive sells itself. That is the best marketing. Syracuse is a fair weather town.

Syracuse is a foul weather town.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom