2 games to find 1 Win | Syracusefan.com

2 games to find 1 Win

KaiserUEO

2022 and 2x ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
total woodshed beating(s) aside, nothing has changed all season.

this is right where they should be and ALL OF YOU should want them to be.

2 games at home.
v historical rivals.
1 Win puts the Orange in a bowl
2 Wins puts the Orange with a winning record for not only the conf, but the season.

pretty impressive considering the QB needs to be moved to a new position this spring.

and seriously, its pitt and bc??!! come on, man!!!

HS football is basically done, and ive got to imagine the leaves should all be raked up by now.

there should be no reason to not have big crowds.

there should be no reason to not expect at least 1 win.

and if you expect 2 wins???

then im right there with you.

This week is so winnable that I will be pissed if they lose to Pitt. Pitt has an average at best OL and shaky QB we can rattle. Pitt has 2 legit WR that scare you, but we should be able to confuse and blitz the crap out of Savage. On defense they have Aaron Donald who is an elite college DE/NT, but we should be able to neutralize him with Macky Macpherson. We should beat Pitt and have a good chance against the Clowns. The Clowns have a dominant running game, but are beatable and we should expect to beat them at home.

I believe we should win both of these games, and will be disappointed if we don't.

total woodshed beating(s) aside, nothing has changed all season.

this is right where they should be and ALL OF YOU should want them to be.

2 games at home.
v historical rivals.
1 Win puts the Orange in a bowl
2 Wins puts the Orange with a winning record for not only the conf, but the season.

pretty impressive considering the QB needs to be moved to a new position this spring.

and seriously, its pitt and bc??!! come on, man!!!

HS football is basically done, and ive got to imagine the leaves should all be raked up by now.

there should be no reason to not have big crowds.

there should be no reason to not expect at least 1 win.

and if you expect 2 wins???

then im right there with you.

While I don't think that will happen, I do remember Shaf saying that he told TH he'd make a fantastic safety... Also, I was wondering why they didn't move Kinder to safety... A former QB with tons of athleticism, who knows what to look for, with good size (height)... Seems like that might have got him on the field quicker... Although the WR's do need help!

For all of our issues this year, if we by some stroke of good fortune win the next 2 we’ll be 7-5 and have the exact same record that Marrone could muster with arguably the best offense in the Syracuse modern era.

It’s a tall order for sure but 7-5 would be quite the accomplishment for a completely overhauled staff, 1st time HC, basically 1st time OC, ACC conference, and surviving the losses of Nassib, Pugh, Chibane, Lemon, Sales, ShamWow and Sharpe.

We’ll see what happens but it would go a long way in making me a firm believer in this staff.

For all of our issues this year, if we by some stroke of good fortune win the next 2 we’ll be 7-5 and have the exact same record that Marrone could muster with arguably the best offense in the Syracuse modern era.

It’s a tall order for sure but 7-5 would be quite the accomplishment for a completely overhauled staff, 1st time HC, basically 1st time OC, ACC conference, and surviving the losses of Nassib, Pugh, Chibane, Lemon, Sales, ShamWow and Sharpe.

We’ll see what happens but it would go a long way in making me a firm believer in this staff.

Definitely get this first one, and give us some breathing room. BC hasn't been good on the road, but I still have visions of 2010 with that same Andre Williams running left on 3rd and 8 for a first down, over and over and over again.

I have no faith in our passing game, at all. Even at home. So things have to go well early for us in both games. And it would be nice if the passing game could finally surprise us with a couple TD passes each game.

2013 7-5 IS INFINITELY better than 2012 7-5. This year's schedule is so much better its a joke even though the skill talent is much worse than it was last year.

2013 7-5 IS INFINITELY better than 2012 7-5. This year's schedule is so much better its a joke even though the skill talent is much worse than it was last year.
thats it in a nutshell.

crazy too. because not only is the skill talent down, but the coaching braintrust seemed to be as well.

SS, GMC and millhouse's boy on D, may all be Columbo's.

just how the hell theyve found 5 Wins...and likely 1 and hopefully 2, is shocking.

Definitely get this first one, and give us some breathing room. BC hasn't been good on the road, but I still have visions of 2010 with that same Andre Williams running left on 3rd and 8 for a first down, over and over and over again.

I have no faith in our passing game, at all. Even at home. So things have to go well early for us in both games. And it would be nice if the passing game could finally surprise us with a couple TD passes each game.

Bingo, this team needs to win Saturday and ensure bowl eligibity, if we have to rely on winning vs BC I think we could end up dissapointed. The anemic passing game is the issue I fear the most the next two weeks, if Pitt or BC can come out and get any sort of double digit lead I just dont see how this team can muster enough offense to win. Estime being able to play Saturday would be a huge help, if he's not I really hope Mcdonald and Schafer have some new wrinkles offensively to throw at Pitt, running Jerome Smith 40 times isnt going to get it done.

2012 2013
Northwestern Penn State-Metlife
USC-Melife @Northwestern
Stony Brook Wagner
@Minnesota Tulane
Pitt Clemson
@Rutgers @NC State
UConn @Georgia Tech
@South Florida Wake Forest
@Cincinnati @Maryland
Louisville @Florida State
@Missouri Pitt
@Temple Boston College

Northwestern on the road is way tougher than at home
Penn State is basically USC
Stony Brook is better than Wagner
@Minnesota is tougher than Tulane
Pitt is the same
@Rutgers is basically @Maryland
@Missouri is basically @Georgia Tech
Boston College is tougher than UConn
Clemson WAS miles tougher than Louisville
@Cincinnati is basically @NC State
Wake Forest is harder than @Temple
@Florida State is so much tougher than @South Florida its not funny.

Last year honestly wasn't as successful as we think by Doug Marrone with all that talent in retrospect we should have done better than 2-3 in the non-conference and if the refs didn't rob us in the Cincinnati game we get housed by 40 plus points by Florida in the Sugar Bowl and Louisville gets all that hype for beating Florida.

And, worst case scenario, 2 losses, then whom else besides the QB needs to find a new position?

No it's not. 7-5 will be very good for this team, but to say this is a harder schedule than last year is silly.

The only thing harder about last years schedule is the top end, FSU and Clemson vs Cinci and Louisville. After that it's just not true.

Last years NWestern team was 10-3, this year is 4-6, regardless of location that is the important factor.

USC vs PSU, USC, particularly at that time, better team.

If we really want to look at 1-AA, 10-3 Stony Brook vs 3-8 Wagner, you make the call.

Minny on the road vs Tulane at home. Please.

You want to compare NWestern vs Tulane at home and Minny vs NWestern on the road you could say this years game was harder. Either way last years open was harder in either every game or 3 out of 4.

The Pitt game is a wash.

Last years Rutgers team finished 9-4, and that defense would be the best one in the ACC after FSU this year, harder game than the next hardest road game vs GT.

USF much better team than NCSt, this years Maryland team vs Missouri, not even close.

Uconn last year was a better team than this years WF team.

This years BC game is harder than Temple on the road.

If you want to talk tougher, yeah the top end, after that, not so much, at all.

Last edited:

They are doing exactly what they should be, with all that stuff accounted for.

Wake, BC, and Maryland were all awful last year, SU should be expected to beat those teams this year, closing the gap and passing SU this year would be a huge swing for those teams.

NCSt lost a lot more of their offense than SU did, what's happened to them this year wasn't a surprise. Tulane and Wagner were always baked in wins.

There only two true swing games that I saw going into he year, Pitt and PSU.

NWestern, Clemson and FSU all went a little worse than I thought, but not much. GT was a ridiculous outcome, I figured they would run for a ton, but I thought SU would be able to score some and keep it within a reasonable number.

I can assure you that leave raking is not over in NJ.
This Sunday will be the 4th and final installment of leaf cleanup for me. The wind from last night/this morning brought down the rest of the oak leaves.

This Sunday will be the 4th and final installment of leaf cleanup for me. The wind from last night/this morning brought down the rest of the oak leaves.

I have spent 10 hours over 3 Sundays, raking. I will have one left. Next year I am getting one of those push lawn vaccum mulchers. My neighbor has one, and finishes in half the time.

I have spent 10 hours over 3 Sundays, raking. I will have one left. Next year I am getting one of those push lawn vaccum mulchers. My neighbor has one, and finishes in half the time.
I have had one for about 7 years. It was one of the best purchases I have made. It will cut your time in half. I have also gotten smarter over the years which saves me more time. I ride my side-discharging mower in circles, using it as a leaf blower/mulcher and then vacuum up/further mulch the piles. The leaf piles are greatly reduced and they don't blow around much. Sure, my carbon footprint might be in Al Gore territory, but it gets the job done in the shortest time possible.

Raking leaves is not done until you rake your neighbors leaves out of your yard.

Raking leaves is not done until you rake your neighbors leaves out of your yard.
It's not a problem. I only have neighbors on one side and the prevailing wind blows into their yard.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

No it's not. 7-5 will be very good for this team, but to say this is a harder schedule than last year is silly.

The only thing harder about last years schedule is the top end, FSU and Clemson vs Cinci and Louisville. After that it's just not true.

Last years NWestern team was 10-3, this year is 4-6, regardless of location that is the important factor.

USC vs PSU, USC, particularly at that time, better team.

If we really want to look at 1-AA, 10-3 Stony Brook vs 3-8 Wagner, you make the call.

Minny on the road vs Tulane at home. Please.

You want to compare NWestern vs Tulane at home and Minny vs NWestern on the road you could say this years game was harder. Either way last years open was harder in either every game or 3 out of 4.

The Pitt game is a wash.

Last years Rutgers team finished 9-4, and that defense would be the best one in the ACC after FSU this year, harder game than the next hardest road game vs GT.

USF much better team than NCSt, this years Maryland team vs Missouri, not even close.

Uconn last year was a better team than this years WF team.

This years BC game is harder than Temple on the road.

If you want to talk tougher, yeah the top end, after that, not so much, at all.
Last year's schedule had maybe 1 game we didn't have a chance in before the season and that was USC even though I thought we had more of a chance than either FSU or Clemson just because I thought USC having to fly cross country would make them a little ripe for the picking. This season we had 10 games to win 6 to get bowl eligible. I agree its fair to say besides FSU and Clemson the schedules are close but this year we don't have Nassib, Lemon, and Sales and if we had those guys with this year's schedule we would have been competitive in those games, but if we played last year's schedule with this talent I think we could have won 7 games because without FSU and Clemson I think we could have 7 of those 11 games.

It's pretty amazing we are in the position that we are. This has been one of the strangest seasons I can remember in a long time. Just how we are 5-5 is beyond me, but should speak for the chemistry this team and staff has. Winning 2 road games as 7 point dogs in 1 season is quite an accomplishment in itself. It would be terrible to waste it with 2 winnable home games. The Pitt game worries me more then BC, but I will be disappointed if we don't win both. I know I am already jacked up for these games, it just doesn't seem like there is any buzz around town.

I know I am already jacked up for these games, it just doesn't seem like there is any buzz around town.

As am I. But ask yourself this. Where should the buzz start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom