2 games to find 1 Win | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2 games to find 1 Win

As am I. But ask yourself this. Where should the buzz start?

That's a question with too many possible answers. For some (like me, and I assume you, and at least 25k others) it starts with a love of SU football. I need nothing more.

For many others, that is not enough, so they need to make their own decisions.

I'm trying to stop worrying about it. I know my job, purchase my season ticket and do what I can to make sure that seat is filled. Which will be taken care of Saturday. By yours truly.

That's a question with too many possible answers. For some (like me, and I assume you, and at least 25k others) it starts with a love of SU football. I need nothing more.

For many others, that is not enough, so they need to make their own decisions.

I'm trying to stop worrying about it. I know my job, purchase my season ticket and do what I can to make sure that seat is filled. Which will be taken care of Saturday. By yours truly.

i just assumed the buzz starts around 10am or so Saturday morning

is this a trick question :rolleyes:

Nah. Just my opinion that the hype for the game should start with the school. Don't have to hype it to the hard core, but for others there should be radio and TV spots building up the game from the bowl eligibility angle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah. Just my opinion that the hype for the game should start with the school. Don't have to hype it to the hard core, but for others there should be radio and TV spots building up the game from the bowl eligibility angle.

Syracuse, with a very good marketing school, is absolutely horrific when it comes to marketing it's own football program. The same football program that was influential in gaining entrance to the ACC and ultimately, securing a lucrative TV rights deal, to be used in helping fund other Syracuse sports. I don't get the lack of push from within to promote this damn team.

That's it Daryl and Marc, I'm sending in Cali.

i agree. not only hyping up the bowl angle, but i don't even think we can assume people know when home games are.

They have had adds on the radio for a couple weeks. Didn't you know it's "I'm in day" and you can get a free tattoo, a whole free tattoo!!?? Tickets are going fast!

It's a 5-5 program playing two fellow mediocre programs to try and eek out a berth in a mediocre bowl.

Marketing is not some magic elixir where you can trick the public into being rabidly excited for anything you wish.

In other words, people aren't stupid.

It's a 5-5 program playing two fellow mediocre programs to try and eek out a berth in a mediocre bowl.

Marketing is not some magic elixir where you can trick the public into being rabidly excited for anything you wish.

That's not an excuse for not trying.

That's not an excuse for not trying.

I'm not local so I can't speak with any authority. But people say they're running ads. I'm sure there are a few standing promotions to get people in the door. Do you want an expensive marketing blitz? I don't know what "trying" means to you?

I'm not local so I can't speak with any authority. But people say they're running ads. I'm sure there are a few standing promotions to get people in the door. Do you want an expensive marketing blitz? I don't know what "trying" means to you?

I'm just glad we're not going with some kind of "blackout" blitz that Maryland tried before our game. Whatever money they spent (even if it was one dollar), it was wasted. Can't have some sell out the Dome campaign for 5-5 SU (with this passing game) vs 5-5 Pitt. Falls flat and makes you look dumb. Like Maryland did.

Trust me, they may be running an AD here or there but unless you listen all day to a specific channel you wouldn't know it.

Yes, I want the university to market the program.

Trust me, they may be running an AD here or there but unless you listen all day to a specific channel you wouldn't know it.

Yes, I want the university to market the program.

Fair enough. As Chip mentioned, marketing is about return on investment. I'm not sure I see a significant return for the next 2 weeks. But we can agree to disagree I suppose.

Fair enough. As Chip mentioned, marketing is about return on investment. I'm not sure I see a significant return for the next 2 weeks. But we can agree to disagree I suppose.

It's not just the next 2 weeks. It's year long and longer. It's foolishness to think a D1 program shouldn't market their football program.

Bullspit! People are very stupid. The supporting evidence is overwhelming.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

It's not just the next 2 weeks. It's year long and longer. It's foolishness to think a D1 program shouldn't market their football program.

Geez man, I know you hate everything about the SU administration, but are you seriously suggesting that they do not market SU football at all? Come on.

Geez man, I know you hate everything about the SU administration, but are you seriously suggesting that they do not market SU football at all? Come on.

Yea, they market it pretty much on par with a D3 program. Turning a blind eye to the mistakes SU makes hurts the program.

Oh really?
Chia.jpg

Yea, they market it pretty much on par with a D3 program. Turning a blind eye to the mistakes SU makes hurts the program.

D3? OK, I think we're done with this.

First the leaves...
We don't have too many leaves to rake up in Phoenix. Boy I love the colors but do not miss the work. Our largest concern is when those few leaves get into the swimming pool. Once again, as a real estate agent here in AZ I say...if you don't want to rake the leaves or go to the dome, move to AZ. I'll sell you a home!!! (there is a catchy marketing phrase for you!!)

Marketing...
ASU is having a phenomenal year. I have not heard any marketing here either for their football program. And I am pretty sure, while they do get a lot more fans, they are not filling up the stands. Only for the Uof A game, in which the stands would be filled even if both teams were 0-9!!!.

Winning and being competitive sells itself. That is the best marketing. Syracuse is a fair weather town.

Winning and being competitive sells itself. That is the best marketing. Syracuse is a fair weather town.

Yep. And catastrophic losses hurt more with the fair weather fan - they see the score flash somewhere and that's all they see. We know better - because we're more invested.

So I'm not very close to this, but what do you think the problem is? They are too lazy? They are too cheap? They are inefficiently staffed for their current budget? They need to increase their budget? (and if so, where does that decision lie, with the AD itself, the Chancellor?).

All honest questions, because I don't know.

Part of me thinks they throw in the towel at this point in the year if the product is so-so and the opponents are so-so. I'm not saying it's right, but it seems like a decision they make. I guess on the flip side, it's nice to know that we don't have the drama that infects other athletic departments around this country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom