2 losses on dec 2nd | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2 losses on dec 2nd

Is Cal not a bad loss? I know it was early, but that one could flash on the screen as a bad loss come March.

If they flash Cal as our bad loss then we won't be a bubble team IMO. I expect Cal to have a nice season in the PAC12 and be a tourney team.

Didn't get our 2nd loss until mid feb last year... Look how that season ended. It doesn't matter when the losses come just long as they are not in march.

please do us all a favor and change your avatar.

Why? .

Because Cuse was ranked and favored in the game. Maybe not a true upset considering the early season timing and location, but what I saw from Cal on Friday night didn't make me think they would be a contender out West.

Because Cuse was ranked and favored in the game. Maybe not a true upset considering the early season timing and location, but what I saw from Cal on Friday night didn't make me think they would be a contender out West.

Did we deserve to be ranked or favored? We had three new starters [including two untested frosh], and a bench full of generally inexperienced players.

Cal returned four starters.

Those are pretty poor barometers. Cal is a clear NCAA team. Losing to a top 10 Texas team doesn't change that. C'mon.

Last edited:
Did we deserve to be ranked? We had three new starters [including two untested frosh], and a bench full of generally inexperienced players.

Cal returned four starters.

They are a clear NCAA team. Losing to a top 10 Texas team doesn't change that. C'mon.

I'm not sure we wind up with more than 1 bad loss this season. I think our defense is going to be really strong and the ACC as a conference (especially the bottom half) struggles to shoot 3's. By the time we hit the meat of the conference schedule we will have some seasoning and should compete in most of those games.